/*

Thursday, September 09, 2004

My Very First Post

So - yay! I have a blog. I've wanted one for a while - ever since I started reading Julia's (I'll have to figure out how to put a link to hers here) but I couldn't come up with a web address. I know that sounds really lame but I can never come up with good user names either. I usually go with something really tacky like "DimSumDiva888" or "AnnArbor99." Lately, I've been using some variation of "Peggy Sue" (my dog aka Pig). The easy thing would be to just use my own name but I get really paranoid about that. I'm afraid that I'll end up playing hearts or poker online against someone who knows me - and knows I should be busy at work. Wonder if anyone else worries about that.

I've looked at other people's blogs and they always have such insightful and interesting things to say. I don't. At all. At least not at the moment. I don't even have a good anecdote today, although I do, at the moment, have ten variations of pink nail polish on my fingers. If you worked at a drugstore, and saw some girl try on every bottle of pink nail polish, would you say something? Seriously - is that a bad thing? Cuz I assume everyone does that. Like eating grapes at the supermarket. Or cherries. (discarding the pits always proves to be problematic though) Sometimes, I'll even poke a hole through the wrapping of, say, bed sheets, to see if the fabric feels nice.

I don't even like pink nail polish. But I bought a bottle. Also, a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. I don't like Dr. Pepper (Diet or regular) either so I don't know what was going through my mind at the moment. Also, I got it at this Sav-on (Santa Monica & La Cienega) that I find entirely loathsome. I hate that Sav-on. It's totally disorganized and there's always some kind of body fluid on the stairs to the parking lot. Today it was vomit.





4 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

Holy crap, girl, you're FUNNY....I laughed my ass off at your post. Welcome!

9:06 AM  
Blogger S said...

Thanks for the encouragement julia!

12:12 PM  
Blogger S said...

BTW, if you send me SASE I will send you a free bottle of Revlon Pink Nail Polish. Ever so slightly used. For free! (it's a terrible color on me)

1:58 PM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

I'm a lesbian. I don't use pink nail polish.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home