/*

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Back to the Non-Vacationing Posts

Well, now that I'm done with the Ireland posts, I guess it's back to the usual stuff. Some things I've been up to lately:

1.) Taking a "beer bus" to watch the Anaheim Angels play the Seattle Mariners.

2.) Going to Julia's birthday party at Daddy's and taking a ridiculous number of pics. I will post a few eventually, and although everyone else looks great in them, I look weird because I'm usually taking a pic of myself with someone else, and I'm so busy trying to frame it that I always seem like I'm looking in the wrong direction.

3.) BBQ-ing at Amol's. The first one of the summer season for me. I love just hanging out, drinking mang-mosas (mango juice and champagne), and sitting in the hot tub. Which leads directly to #4...

4.) Not working out. Yikes. I really would have liked a one piece bathing suit last Sunday. My options were bikini (glaring stomach fat) or tankini (squeezed out muffin-top fat between the too-small top and the bottom). Neither were good. I opted for the bikini and hoped I could just suck in and straighten out as much as possible, but I really wasn't fooling anyone.

5.) Watching movies - have seen two bad ones so far on DVD - Ice Harvest and Firewall.

Tonight we're going to see Superman in an IMAX theater. I heard the last 20 minutes are in 3D in an IMAX theater? Something like that.

5 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

Superman's out already?

Your pictures were awesome. Your camera makes people look sooo good.

1:25 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh man. Max and I are such idiots. Got to the theater - turns out, it's not out until NEXT tuesday. Oops.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Thode said...

Wow - you guys are on a roll! First the wedding, then the movie. Funny enough, I remember us all discussing the movie in the hot tub and how it was (quoth Amol) "in 9 days, not 2" and me thinking "Amol, you dork"

It's also funny how the girls all try to sit on the side of the hot tub in a manner that lets the belly fat flatten and spread out whereas the guys just let'er roll!

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always try to get belly underwater in the hot tub, since it weighs less there, technically, and i can pretend that it just looks that way because of distortion of seeing things underwater. and sometimes there's enough bubbles to make it ok.... one of these days i will just decide to love my lumps.

10:12 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah, we're idiots. Man, this has got to stop.

Girls will basically do everything short of laying flat on their backs on the side of the hottub, in an effort to get the belly fat to distribute! I usually have excellent posture when I'm in a swim suit b/c I'm trying so desperately to straighten up and elongate the middle section!

And Melissa, I agree with you - I try to stay IN the hot tub as much as possible. But eventually it just gets way too hot and you have to get out of the tub and that's when the problem areas become really noticeable!!

And btw Thode you have NO stomach fat. Seriously.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home