/*

Friday, September 10, 2004

My Very First Post About Football

So football season is upon us again. Last week I watched Michigan kick some non-Michigan team's ass. Last night, I watched Peyton "Interception" Manning's Colts lose again to Tom "Hottie" Brady's Patriots. I never thought I'd enjoy watching football but now that I actually understand the game (most of the time) I get into it. I need a reason to root for a team though - otherwise I find it terribly boring. Rooting for the underdog always works. Also against unlikeable players (if I catch them saying something rude or egotistical on the news - they're going DOWN). Kate also pointed out the Beating-the-Team-that-Traded-You reason, which is very good. Makes a game highly watchable. Or frankly, if the quarterback is cute (Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Matt Hasselbeck - before I realized he's bald) . So, basically, just me give a reason. Any reason.

The other good thing about football is that it gives me something to fall asleep to. Max is in three Fantasy Football leagues this year, which keeps him very busy and very on top of all that's happening in the football world. So at night, when I can't fall asleep, I'll ask him "So, what happened in football today" and then he gets really excited (about football, not me) and relays, with great enthusiasm, all that football news of the day. I like football just enough to be somewhat interested, but not enough to really pay attention, so it's like a bedtime story for me. Last night, I fell asleep to Max telling me about the Post-Game Interviews with Coach Belichick. To be fair, he does it cuz he knows it helps me sleep. But he's also really happy to talk to anyone about football. So it works well for us. Works well in the car too. "So what's going on with the Lions/Michigan/Your Fantasy Teams?" gives me control of the radio for at least 15 minutes. I'm listening to you, honey, I really am. But I'm listening to Britney too.