/*

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Weekend Recap

So I'm recovering from a cold that everyone who I hung out with on Halloween has now or got last week. I have my suspicions of who the carrier monkey is, but I won't stoop so low as to out them here. (you know who you are....)

Anyway, Friday night, I took my "fugly" pie to Kate's place, where everyone insisted that it was not "fugly" - just "rustic" and "earthy." Gives you an idea of what it looked like, doesn't it? Big and clumpy. Jessie, Andrea, Kate and I polished off about $8 worth of Chuck over some Trader Joe pizzas, which were excellent. We looked at some inappropriate websites, made fun of a few exboyfriends, and I went on and on, as usual, about how I'd like to rent a RV and be white trash (difficult, since I'm Chinese) and hang out at trailer parks and drink beer and wear white jean shorts and midriff shirts. And a mismatched scrunchie.

Saturday was totally uneventful. I've forgotten what I did already. Hmmm. What did I do? I honest to god can't remember. Knowing me, I probably pitter pattered around the apartment, took a long nap, read some crappy book, and took Pig out.

I spent most of Sunday sick on the couch, watching endless hours of Lifetime tv movies. Seriously - I got through three. The Mary Kay LeTourneau one was by far the most disturbing. Ick. Luckily, I felt better by the evening so I could go to Wimmin's Poker at Cody's. It's funny really. Kate called me, asking whether or not she thought anyone would mind her germy state of runny nose and cough. I asked her whether or not she thought anyone would mind that I too had a cold, and some sort of eye infection (which I did - not quite "goopy" (Cody's description of pink eye) but definitely pink and crusty...ewww gross) So I called Cody, who as it turns out, had a stuffy nose so we decided we were probably all okay to play. Kate kindly picked up a bottle of hand sanitizer so we could keep our hands clean while playing. Turns out Rebecca was recovering from a cold, and when I walked in, Laura was nursing a glass of Vitamin C, so it all worked out just fine. We made up for the lack of super-girlie talk (per our last poker gathering) by drinking champagne and hot chocolate with whip cream. I came in second, and lost to Cody (again - dammit) so I think I may very well have to invest some time in practicing online before our next session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home