/*

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Shanghai Trip - Day 8 - Part 2

Okay, photopublishing thing seems to be working again. Continuing with the meal we have:


 Posted by Picasa
Frankly, no idea. I have no idea what this is.


Hai Fun Soup. I believe I skipped this. Posted by Picasa

Another pic of the family:

 Posted by Picasa

Notice the man between Great Aunt and 14 lbs. Every village has an idiot, and every family does too, and you're looking at him. I don't know who the hell he is, and I know I'm being mean on my blog, but I just don't care. At first I felt bad for him -someone suggested that he guess among the "four sisters" (me, mom, Aunt Christina, Aunt Marilyn) who was whom, which is never a pleasant task to perform. I mean chances are you're going to offend someone. But the fact that he actually thought that I was Aunt Christina was beyond offensive. It was simply idiotic. I'm not going to give away her age specifically, but Aunt Christina is most definitely in her 40's and not only had a very sucessful career as business woman before getting married and having a kid, but said kid is now in HIGH SCHOOL. When he guessed that I was her, I didn't know whether I should pity the relative who married this idiot and brought him into our family, or book an appointment with a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills. He also thought that my Aunt Marilyn, who is 12 years older than I am, was my Aunt June, which would put her in her late 40's. I think the only person he managed to not offend was Aunt Christina who was absolutely gleeful. I don't think my mom particularly liked to be accurately pinned as the oldest either and agreed with me that he's an idiot.

Anyway, during and after the meal, one of our relatives, who's a professional photographer, took some big family photos. He did some digital "touching-up" so I think we all look pretty good. Too bad we don't actually look like this in real life...maybe then no one would think I was FORTY-SOMETHING. Seriously you guys, do I look over FORTY?


Me, Mom, and some girl who called me Auntie Posted by Picasa


Grandpa and the infamous "Three Sisters" Posted by Picasa


Big Family Photo of Banquet Attendees (don't ask me who's who, I wouldn't be able to tell you) Posted by Picasa


Smaller Family Photo. Notice how ridiculously gold the place was... Posted by Picasa

There was some confusion after dinner. We were all ready to go back to the hotel, but Grandma was convinced that our Cousin Photographer was going to meet us somewhere to show us some scenic view. No one could confirm these plans, and we very nearly went home, but as it turns out, she was actually right. Cousin Photographer had given directions to Mr. Chen the Driver to pull up to this scenic stop. We were now actually on the Pudong river bank, and could look back across the river and see The Bund. It was quite beautiful.


The Bund at night Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa

Anyway, after the scenic stop we went back to hotel and that was Day 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home