/*

Monday, September 13, 2004

Weekend Recap

I woke up Saturday morning thinking about Nick, Max's best friend from Grayling. Max told me once that Nick had asked him, after an evening of some serious imbibing, whether or not it was possible to shit and puke at the same time. Sadly, I found myself wondering the same thing, as I woke up to discover my body was the battleground for a serious war between these two very opposing forces. Don't worry, this won't be one of those disgusting posts about bodily functions that always makes it to the "best of craigslist" section (why??? Also the posts about the bitchy coworker or the subway - always the same rant over and over again - find something new to be angry about, people). But it is a something worth considering - the physics of it all. Anyway, I won't go into the specifics of which side won - let's just say it was a tie.

The thing is, Friday night was not supposed to go down the way it did. Originally, we were just going to have a pretty tame night and stop by at our friend Tony's birthday party. It was at one of our frequent haunts - a karaoke bar called Boardwalk 11. But then Amol showed up. I'm just going to blame it all on him. I was pissed with him that afternoon, because he had invited everyone over to my house for a Michigan Football Game, BBQ & Party on Saturday (I had one the Sat before) and then proceeded to bail late Friday afternoon because his girlfriend was coming in town and he was going to take her to Magic Mountain. So Amol showed up, and since he was in the dog house, he kindly offered to make it up to me by buying drinks. And I decided that several Diet Coke & Vanilla Stolli's would make me feel better about it. Which it did, Friday night. Not Saturday morning though.

So, after I got over my terrible hangover Saturday, I got to watch Michigan lose to Notre Dame. The bbq party was pretty tame - I think everyone was depressed about the game and left early. My friend Mary Jane showed up late with a really gross story to tell. Apparently, she had gone hiking that morning with a friend, who fell and scraped his leg on a rock. He started feeling really sick and this weird large bumpish "skin egg" developed on his leg and they had to sit for nearly an hour until he felt better. SKIN EGG. Ewwwww. SKIN EGG. Quite possibly the grossest pairing of two words I've ever heard in my entire life.

Sunday morning, Max and I went to Boardwalk 11 again to watch the Lions game. Since there are no seasons in LA, I know fall is officially upon us when Max says "The Lions SUCK. They fucking suck." And man, they do. At least, they finally broke their 24 road game losing streak, in a really ugly win against the Bears. They hadn't won a road game since Dec 17, 2000. Paul cracked me up when he said being a Lions fan is like being in a loveless marriage - you know it doesn't work but you keep buying it presents, 16 times a year. AD agreed and said the draft is like the one time of the year you get to have sex. And right after he said that, the Lions scored a touchdown on this crazy blocked punt play thing and he screamed "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!" I love those guys.


1 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

freakin' AD. That's hilarious!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home