/*

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Another Golden Girls Dream

Okay, seriously, I'm not making this up, but I keep dreaming about the Golden Girls. It's actually been a really long time since I watched an episode but for some reason, they keep popping up in my sleep.

Anyway, Sunday night, I dreamt I ran into Rue McClanahan (Blanche Devereaux) at a coffee shop. She had a little white dog with her and she didn't look quite as old as she did on the Golden Girls Reunion Special (on Lifetime, of course) but not quite as young as she did during the series. Now normally, I never go up to celebrities. But I was totally compelled to in my dream, and I did that whole "HEY YOU'RE BLANCHE DEVEREAUX FROM GOLDEN GIRLS, AREN'T YOU??? I'M SUCH A BIG FAN!!!" thing. She was sort of distant and uninterested so I decided to prove to her what a huge fan I was by QUOTING LINES SHE SAID ON THE SHOW. I can't remember what I said exactly but I think I quoted some lines from the episode where she's upset that Dorothy's lesbian friend likes Rose instead of her. Also the episode where it turns out Rose was dating a midget. Anyway, I sort of followed her around the coffeeshop going on and on about Golden Girls while she tried to avoid me. That's all I remember.

What the hell does that mean??

4 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Hmm, Didn't we just have a conversation about the golden girls the other day, or was I talking to someone else? I can't remember. I'm distracted. I am getting married in 17 days. Don't tell the lady at the dress shop who says I should only eat carrots until the wedding, but I ate 2 oreos today and am now drinking a NOT DIET sprite. Oops. Well, I am going to a step class and an aqua fitness class tonight, so I am sure it will all work out.....

Hey, did I mentioned that I was distracted? And I got a flat tire today on the way to work?

10:11 AM  
Blogger S said...

I can't wait to meet that bridal shop woman. I'm going to make her feel bad...some way, some how.

What happened with your car????

4:46 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I don't know. My car is the Mystery Machine, because a while ago it had a transmission fluid leak that the chrysler dealership can't find now, and Kevin took the tire to a tire place, and they can't find anything wrong with it either, they just put it back on my car, I have been driving it now a couple of days, and no problem. Isn't that bizarre? The mystery machine.

I dreamt last night about death. I had several dreams about people dying, animals dying, wars...it was awful. It was like a day in the Bush administrat--wait a second, it wasn't a dream! Oh no! It was all real!


hehe, no, ok, I am being a 'Bush jerk'. Sorry. No, it was all dreams. Bad, disturbing dreams. Maybe dreaming that animals die 15 days before your wedding means it won't rain on your big day or something? I don't know.

6:13 AM  
Blogger S said...

Actually I think in some cultures, it's a good luck thing if you dream of someone dying. Or so my mom tells me... (bear in mind she also told me that my piano teacher, who was really fat and had heart problems, decided to move to Florda so that's why he wouldn't be giving us lessons any more...even though he was there the week before)

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home