/*

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Thai Elvises and Free Hot Dogs

So last night a whole bunch of us went out to celebrate Max and Lypstyk Girl's birthday. We started with dinner at Palms Thai which is this awesome Thai restaurant in Hollywood. Now, you know I'm the kind of a girl who likes a gimmick, and what better gimmick could there be than a Thai Elvis impersonator? That's right. Thai Elvis impersonator. He was very good, had the wig and glasses - my only complaint was not enough gyrating of the hips. There was another singer - a white guy who sang like Louis Armstrong and the BeeGees, so that was pretty impressive. He also sang a song in Thai, so you know that scored points with the Thai ladies; however, I think whipping out the Kermit puppet and singing The Rainbow Connection cost him some appeal. The food was very good and although Max wanted to order the deep fried frogs, he decided to try the "Giant Shrimp" instead. Now, we both thought this was just an exaggeration on the part of the owner and expected large prawns but no, they brought out these giant shrimp/lobster/crawfish type creatures. Very interesting. I wasn't a fan of the dish but Max liked it so it all worked out.

Afterwards we headed over to bar called Whitehorse. It's a very low key dive-y bar under a Super 8 motel, but it's cool. The owner/bartender is this older fiesty Russian woman who's awesome. She's been in the bar business for over forty years. At the end of the night, she gives everyone free hot dogs. That's right. Free hot dogs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thode said...

You know I wish I could have come. Y'all have to come to my party on Wed. so I can buy Max and Becks a belated b-day drink. Also, I think the venue will be right up your alley (Laura is sending invites out monday I think)....

7:20 PM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah, I'm definitly going. Should be fun!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home