/*

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Homework Assignment #1

So yesterday I had to turn in my first homework assignment in years. Ended up being quite a fiasco, mainly because I didn't follow directions. I spent Monday lunchtime working on it (back to my old last minute habits) and could not keep it down to one page. Really - you can barely make an argument or get a thought across in one page. I actually ended up changing the font to make it fit, which made me feel really nostalgic. Ahh.. The good ole days of font and margin changing. But much to dismay, I discovered it was supposed to be DOUBLE SPACED! Crap. So I edited down, but just couldn't let go of the fact that I liked my single spaced version a lot better. But I didn't want to turn it in, in case the instructor would think I couldn't follow directions well. So rather than just turning in the double spaced one, I contemplated stapling both of them together. It'd be a pity to do all that work and not at least get some credit, be it fleetingly. But then that seemed a little too desperate.

As luck would have it, I ended up being late for class (long story of which moral is "always carry cash" and "parking lot cashiers will not buy your postage stamps in exchange for cash, even though they're worth 37 cents each") so I had to turn my assignment in during our little break and since the instructor was standing right there I just let him choose which one he wanted to read. And the nice thing was, he let me choose which one I wanted to submit, so of course I gave him the longer one.

So. Yes. I was VERY pleased with myself. Heh. It just goes to show you, if you ask, you can often get what you want. Except for money in exchange for stamps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home