/*

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A.I. Thoughts

For me, watching American Idol is like watching a sports game for other people. Once a week, Max gets a taste of what it's like to be the "girlfriend" watching her "boyfriend" hurl lurid insults at the tv screen, raise her fists threateningly and stomp around yelling, "What are you thinking?????" I take my AI watching very seriously. I don't make or take any phone calls except for during commercials. The volume must be on as high as possible and I'll "shush" anyone who makes a noise during the actual show. And I really do get angry. Especially this season. No once inspires more cursing and groaning from me this season than Constantine. I'm sorry but all that eyefucking and pouting is really giving me the creeps. Only one word comes to mind when I think of Constanine: Poseur. Yeah right that guy was a rocker. I really like how someone on one of the numerous AI forums described him. Constantine: G(r)eek Tragedy. Hahah. He's probably a fine enough person in real life - I just really hate his screen persona.

My personal favorites are Vonzell and Nadia. Vonzell because she's really cute and energetic and fun and probably the type of person I'd like to be, if I weren't so busy yelling at the tv and being mean on my blog. Nadia because - well, she's kind of grown on me. I've even gotten past the angry faces she makes when she sings. She probably a really sweet person and man, that girl's got mad style. Love her hair and clothes.

And I apologize in advance...but I do like the American version of The Office. There, I've said it. On record. Yes, I like it. I even almost like it more, because I don't have to struggle to understand the British accents.

(bracing myself for hate "comments"...)

6 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I'm enjoying the American version of the office too. So you aren't the only one. It's funny, but unfortunately it really reminds me of work. Especially last night when the guy told them all there was a surprise and there was no surprise, and then he went on about how great he was at improvisation--haha. Sadly enough.....it reminded me of earlier this year when they announced our bonuses.

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Angie (LaLa is just my now-non-mysterious alter-ego)...and I just have to, you know, give you my support on both AI and Office. Marco and I laughed hysterically through the whole first show of the Office, and it is our new favorite...plus, I would never miss American Idol, and I have to say that when I was in labor with Niccolo, on my knees in pain, I refused to go to the hospital until the show was over. So I'm with ya, chica!

4:29 AM  
Blogger kate g said...

i am there with you on american idol. i love carrie, scott, and anwar (ooh he's hot). and yeah, what is with constantine's 'looks'... i mean really.

unfortunately for rick, he's been sucked into it. he isn't a sports watching guy, so he doesn't have the reverse to do to me, lucky me. but he likes constantine. he does think however that both 'rockers' need to cut their hair (as in all rockers cut their hair two years ago, metallica, and such, and thereby true rockers no longer have long hair. ...my boyfriend is weird.)

8:54 AM  
Blogger S said...

Oh good. I'm glad other people like The American Office too! I thought last week's episode with the whole diversity thing was hysterical. Really really funny.

Lala - LOL! I figured that was you. Congrats on winning the NCAA pool!!!

Kate G - I thought Anwar was really really good last night. I think that was probably my favorite performance. Max watches AI with me too. I think he's as in to it as I am, but doesn't like to admit it.

9:51 AM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

As a ginormous fan of the original "The Office," I really like the American version. I didn't see the second episode, but last night's was very good. I laughed out loud when the toady thought a hysterectomy removes the vagina.

Re: AI, my money is on Carrie, the blonde country girl, winning. I do have to say that Anwar has a supersexy smile.

12:18 PM  
Blogger S said...

I think Anwar would be hotter without the moustache, imo.

Carrie is good, but a little boring for me.

These days I watch to see how drunk/high Paula is...

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home