/*

Friday, April 01, 2005

The Chinese Costanzas

So I drove up to San Francisco with Pig yesterday. Mom is in town for her big 50th birthday, so I decided to take the opportunity to skip work for two days and drive up. The trip was
uneventful as usual, but luckily I had borrowed Death of a Cad by M.C. Beaton from the library so that kept me occupied for a bit. Tape version, of course, as driving six hours while reading would have been slightly dangerous.

Highlights of my visit/Interesting things I've learned so far:

My grandma washes her hair in the sink as she suspects washing her hair in the shower will somehow suffocate her. Apparently she's done this for the last 72 years of her life...yet somehow I've never noticed.

My grandpa has no idea what the coach seating is like on a 747 but is thoroughly familiar with the arrangement of the seating in business class. So much so that this morning, while deciding whether or not he wanted to fly business on an upcoming trip, he actually pulled out a piece of paper and drew a diagram of the plane. And apparently, there are only a total of 8 desirable seats in business class: 7ABFG, 8ABFG. The other ones are either too close to the door, too close to the bathroom, or too close to the kitchen.

My mother can eat cake AND left over deep fried crab for BREAKFAST.

My grandma is not the one who likes chicken pot pie; it's my grandpa. And under no cirumstance should he ever suggest that we buy chicken pot pie b/c "Grandma" likes it...This is an offense of the highest nature and will result in an immediate fight. And subsequently, no chicken pot pie for anyone.

Under no circumstance should my grandpa "shoo" my grandma into the dinner seat by the wall. She is not to be "shooed" anywhere.

And the list goes on...more to come tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thode said...

That was so funny I snorted. I love your grandparents.

6:52 PM  
Blogger S said...

Thanks...I could actually go on and on but it would start getting depressing.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home