/*

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Mindgames

I have a New Awesome Mindgame. I've played it two days in a row. Feel free to give it a try. I think you'll like it.

In the evenings, I tell myself that I going to wake up at 7 a.m. the next morning, go to the gym for 1/2 hour, come back, eat breakfast, walk Pig for 1/2 hour, shower, blow dry my hair and leave for work, looking fabulous and energized, by 10 a.m. Now, I know 10 a.m. sounds awfully late, but trust me, these are fairly standard hours in my industry, and my office is only five minutes away so technically I will be at the office by 10:05.

Having discovered that I need about nine hours of sleep (actually, I need ten but I decided that was a little ridiculous) I then work backwards and figure out I need to go to sleep by 10:00 p.m.

And I do.

But then, when my alarm rings at 7 a.m. I decide the gym sounds icky and even though I'm fully awake and should just get up and go, I go back to sleep. Plus, in my dream I'm dating the sexy gardner from Desperate Housewives so I should definitely get back to him.

So then I wake up at 9:30 A.M. Having slept 11 1/2 hours, I FEEL GLORIOUS!!!! I feel the way Eddie Murphy feels in Coming to America, when he's being woken up by an orchestra or choir, whatever. Of course, I can't shower, my hair looks like a mess, Pig doesn't get her morning walk, I eat a crappy breakfast, and I get to work late...but dude, I sleep 11 1/2 HOURS a night this way!!!!

And I get to date the sexy gardner from Desperate Housewives.

5 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

a certain brutha of mine is friends with the sexy gardener of DH...he just broke up with his girlfriend a few weeks ago. So maybe, meanwhile, he's dreaming of dating a sexy asian girl with a dalmation. wouldn't that be uncanny?

2:14 PM  
Blogger S said...

that would very uncanny! you should have your "brutha" ask him.

although i highly doubt it's a parallel universe type of thing. something tells me that guy makes it to the gym every day...

2:52 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Oh god, how I want to work in an industry where I don't need to be to work until around 10.....it's 7:13 am here and I have been in the office almost an hour now....booooo.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Your way sounds absolutely more appealing.

11:00 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yes, I like it. I encourage you all to give it a try. Except for Elliot - man, your hours really really suck... you'd have to go to bed at like 6 p.m. to make it work.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home