/*

Monday, March 21, 2005

Weekend Recap

Ah well, this was a very nice weekend. Friday night I went over to Amol's to play poker and won! Whoo hoo! It was a very exciting game as I was definitely the "Comeback Kid" and came back from behind twice to win. It was especially glorious towards the end because after suffering a bad beat, Amol had about 15 times more chips than I did but I still managed to beat him!

Saturday morning I went to the library. Yes, the library. Am no longer anti-library. I finally paid all my fines (nearly $30) and was granted privileges again. I had requested several books earlier in the week, and I didn't think they'd be there yet so I went around and picked up five different mystery (what else?) books. Then I got to the front desk and surprisingly, my requested books had arrived (mainly because there's no waiting list for them - apparently no one else wanted to read The Fudge Cake Murder: A Hannah Swensen Mystery) so I went home with ten books. All crappy mystery books. Sweet.

Saturday night was like an LSAT logic question. Max and I had a terrible time trying to make plans. The choices for the evening were as follows:

1. Go to a bar
2. Go to Sharky's party in Westwood
3. Play Poker
4. Hang out in someone's apartment

Max was up for everything except for going to a bar and possibly going to Sharky's party.

I was up very everything except for hanging in someone's apartment and going to Sharky's party.

Josh was up for everything but playing poker.

Amol was up for everything except for hanging in someone's aparment.

AD was up for everything but didn't have a car.

So what did we end up doing? Staying in and watching Runaway Bride. Poor Max. I think I pushed my luck though with "13 Going on 30" - he got up to watch tv in the other room after 15 minutes.

3 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Saturday night I got tickets for Mike and I to see the Body Worlds 2 exhibit at the California Science Center. Freaky but so interesting.
http://www.californiasciencecenter.org/Exhibits/Weingart/BodyWORLDS_2/Exhibit/Exhibit.php

10:05 AM  
Blogger S said...

Julia was telling me about this too! Seems interesting...but gross at the same time.

11:28 AM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

lypstykgirl...judging by the face sareet made when i told her about it, i didn't think she even wanted to know the exhibit exists. :) But awesome! I'll ask you about it on Sat because I really want to go. I hear they have a pregnant woman with a fetus and they peel everything back to show it all. Right now, Sareet hates me for saying all that on her blog. I may as well have just peed in the corner of her house. :( Sorry.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home