/*

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Poker & Whiskey Do Not Go Well Together

So Max's friend Aaron is in town from Grayling. I met up with the both of them last night at Barney's to grab a few beers and watch the pathetic performance of the Pistons against Philly. Wow. They stunk. The Pistons, I mean. Not Max and Aaron. Well, they could have smelled, but I didn't notice it if they did.

Anyway...afterwards, we rounded up enough people to play a small game of poker. And let me tell you folks, poker and whiskey - not a good combo. I actually came back from behind to make it to the final two but then made a really really stupid and reckless call to lose it all...to Amol. Which I suppose is fine, since I beat him last week, but I really would have liked to win. Oh well.

3 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

you missed the most amazing karaoke performance last night...this guy doing Living in America. By James Brown? Oh my god. It was hilarious and awesome.

Whiskey is awful. It's the #1 tool of the white man for prying currency away from minorities. If it weren't for whiskey, the U.S. would be the United State of Plymouth.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Thode said...

Watch what you say, missy! Poker and whiskey are two of my favorite things...
; )

5:33 PM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah, I like whiskey too. It's just that when playing poker, it makes me feel like going solely on a "hunch" is a good idea, even if all I'm holding is 7 2.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home