/*

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Pig's New Attitude

Well, Miiiiizzzzzz Pig here has a developed a new, shall we say, att-i-tude these days. Probably has gotten big headed about her blog or something. She has decided not to BOTHER waking me up any more. This bitch ain't nobody's alarm clock. Apparently, she is above sitting by my bed, moaning and groaning and pleading for me to take her out. It is too much of a waste of her time. Now, she wants to be the one woken up. She's not moving until I'm ready for her.

I had noticed, pretty much since my dad left, that Pig had not been coming to my bedside to wake me up. At first, I thought she was tired and was just sleeping in (as late as I was!) Sometimes, I'd hear her whine from her bed a few times, and then just go back to sleep.

Yesterday morning, I woke up and just laid there for a bit. Not quite ready to get out of bed. I knew Pig was awake because I heard her sort of move around in her bed. Also, I was humming songs that I'd sing if I were a contestant on American Idol and there was no way she could sleep through THAT. Anyway, I finally sat up and lo and behold, Pig was awake but PRETENDING to be asleep. Now, this was not just my imagination. She was curled up, perfectly still, but both her eyes were open and I could see her looking at me out of the corner of her eye. So then I decided to play a trick on her and I laid back down on the bed and waited for her to come to me. Well, apparently TWO can play at that game, because she still wouldn't get up. I sat up again, and there she was, eyes wide open, sneaking looks at me out of the corner of her eyes.

Finally I got tired of waiting, gave up, sat up, and whispered "Pig!" and she immediately got up. Stretched her front legs, then her back legs, yawned, came over and went, oh so innocently, Hmmmmmmmmmm. But I could see in her eyes that she knew she had won.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Yes, but it makes me sad if she's doing it b/c she's getting old. Damn dogs. They're always aging.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home