/*

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Happy Hygiene!!!!

I've really got to polish up on my Chinese. These last few days have been full of blunders and misunderstandings. The worst was today when in my attempt to sing "Happy Birthday" to my mom in Mandarin (I'm really only fluent in Cantonese) I actually sang "Happy Hygiene to you...Happy Hygiene to you..."

Anyway, today is mom's birthday. Also, I think Elliot's birthday, although hers might be on the first - I'm not quite sure but happy birthday to both anyway!

The Chinese Costanzas were fairly well behaved today, although I discovered that while they each have a cell phone, it's really best not to call them on it. My grandpa's has a sticker of an American flag on it (so patriotic!) and he wears it around his neck on a big cellphone necklace. However, he never seems to be able to answer it when it rings, and he'll always ask someone to get it, especially while he's driving. Yesterday, my mother had the misfortune of sitting in the passenger seat and nearly pulled a neck muscle trying to answer the phone while my grandpa kept panicking - "Answer the phone! Answer the phone!"

My grandma is no better. First she keeps it in a tiny cell phone pouch. You may wonder to yourself "Why?'" but ...why ask why? So anyway, she has it in a tiny beige cell phone pouch but she's afraid the phone will slip out of the pouch, so she's knotted the drawstrings of the tiny pouch multiple times. Meaning multiple knots. Meaning, callers hang up before she ever manages to find the pouch in her purse, pull it out, untie the million knots, and answer the phone.

Anyway, getting sleepy. Driving back to LA tomorrow so I need to get a good night sleep.

Fall forward, spring back peeps.

(just so I don't mess up everyone's lives, really it's fall back spring forward.)

(although, if you think about it, it's totally possible to fall forward and spring back so it's sort of stupid saying)

2 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was the 1st. I am 27 now! Woohoo!

I was at Borders this weekend, and there is a new Hannah Swensen mystery out (I don't remember if that's how you spell her name, sorry!) but it was called something like the peach cobbler killer or the peach cobbler murder. I thought of you.

6:54 AM  
Blogger S said...

Oh, I haven't read that! I'll have to request it from the library.

Happy Hygiene!!! Sorry I couldnt' remember if it was the 1st or 2nd ;)!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home