/*

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Pig: The Drama Queen

My dog is a big faker. For months now, I've been stressing out over her nails, thinking that she was absolutely terrified of getting them cut. I almost bought a Dremel sander thing so I could sand down her nails instead of clipping them. But today, I decided we should really give it another try. So I took her to Petco. She was a maniac - I had to put her in a body hold and she kept bucking and freaking out as the woman tried to cut her nails. She was only able to do about five so I decided that I should go buy some cookies to distract Pig. Well, while I was waiting in line, the Nail Cutter Lady came out with Pig, smiling. Apparently, as soon as I left, Pig was totally fine and she was able to clip all her nails without any problems. Pig didn't buck, cry, whine or anything. In fact, Nail Cutter Lady just held Pig's paw in her hand. She said, "I think she babies herself when you're around."

Hmph. This just makes me wonder what else she's faking.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, obviously she has a lot in common with Niccolo, because last night we made the idiotic attempt to cut his finger and toenails, which have reached the out-of-control mark. He got so upset and screamed so hard that he actually made himself throw up. Of course then we felt horrible and didn't get any of his nails cut...so I guess he'll look like those people in the Guiness Book of World Records with the long curly nails. At least he'll be famous.

5:19 AM  
Blogger S said...

I have to say, I'm impressed. He actually screamed so hard he made himself throw up??? I'm going to have to give that a try sometime! That could be a neat party trick.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home