/*

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Weekend Recap

So I haven't really been blogging, for all sorts of reasons, but here I am now.

Max came to visit over the weekend and it was so nice to have him back. He came in town Friday night. We went back to my place for dinner (I made a garlic shrimp linguine type thing - overcooked the shrimp - surprise - but it was still good) and then headed over to AD's Badass Bachelor Pad. It was a pretty chill evening, which ended the way all Friday nights should - with someone running to get Taco Bell. There is nothing quite as good as Taco Bell, after you've had a few watermelon martinis (gross sweet drink, but I couldn't resist)...

Anyway, we spent much of the day on Saturday just laying around the couch, watching TV and napping. This is my favorite way to spend a Saturday so there were no complaints from me. We headed out to El Coyote for dinner with the intent of catching the 7:20 p.m. showing of The Matador (that new Pierce Brosnan movie) but opted at the last minute to return to our slothly positions on the couch and watch the remake of Bad News Bears instead. We both liked it - it's nothing to go running to Blockbuster to rent, but fun enough if you catch it on HBO some day.

Sunday was the Chinese New Year. Instead of making resolutions, Chinese people tend to wish others good blessing, fortune, health, etc. My morning started out with wishing my family the standard GONG HAI FAT CHOY, along with all sorts of personal wishes like, "I wish that this year, when we take spinning classes, our cooches won't hurt." I also got some very specific ones including being wished that "all of Pig's poop be good this year" and that I "don't stick my tongue out in any more pictures."

My family cracks me up.

Anyway, moving on, Max and I had a spur of the moment bbq gathering. A few people came over and we had some fantastic food. The best part was using the fondue set my brother got me for Christmas. It was awesome!! I think I ate about 3 whole bananas and a pint of strawberries dipped in chocolate all by myself. Definitely time to hit the gym again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home