/*

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

February 1st - Progress Report on My Resolutions

So it's February 1st. Time to pay the rent, and as promised (to myself), time to reflect on how well, or not well, I've done on my resolutions.

1.) Be healthier
I would have to say I've done very well with this, except for the last few days when I rediscovered the glory of chocolate (I've been eating Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips - leftover from the fondue- straight out of the bag for days now), and rediscovered my passion for Ruffles potato chips and french onion dip. I have not heated one. single. microwavable lean cuisine type thing and instead have been cooking, albeit disastrously, at home almost every night. I've gone out to eat a few times but I've really gotten that under control. I actually have been going to the gym quite frequently - I would have to say, in the last 22 days or so (3 weeks, since I didn't start exercising until the 2nd week in Jan), I've gone to the gym about 14 times. 14 TIMES!!! That's SO much. I am now officially an "Exerciser."

Also, I've been flossing almost daily, cut down on alcohol, and gotten a lot of sleep. I'm usually out by 11 p.m. and I get up between 7:30 and 8 a.m. so I'm sleeping plenty. I've made an effort to drink more water and generally remember to take a multivitamin about three times a week. I don't know what happens with the other four days...

2.) Do things besides playing poker online and watching TV
Well, this one's okay. I've barely played poker online - I played a couple games last Sunday night but that was the first in weeks. The tv watching - I can't say there's been much improvment. I did however finally pay my library fine ($17 as opposed to the $30 I had estimated) so I've been reading again. Of course, I've been reading only mysteries - in fact I just started on the Kinsey Milhone series.

I have also been brainstorming on yet another attempt to write a cozy mystery. You know the kind I'm talking about. Light, fluffy, not particularly well written, but the characters are fun and engaging. The kind with recipes in the back. Anyway, I've been thinking about doing a light mystery with a divorced Chinese Agatha Raisin/Jane Marple type who lives in Chinatown. She lives in a flat above her Chinese restaurant, and she and her mahjong buddies end up getting involved in some sort of crime that they have to solve. Silly, I know, but it's fun to think about, although coming up with the murder and the red herrings and all the clues is awfully difficult. Anyway, I see it as a sort of like a lightly comedic Joy Luck Club mystery. If this exists already, don't tell me - I don't want to know about it...

3.) Donate
Wellllll....I sort of cheated on this. I knew I'd be posting a progress report today so yesterday I made a last minute donation to Doctors Without Borders. Still counts though, right?

4.) Work more efficiently
This has gone really poorly, so I suppose this is the one that needs the most work. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home