/*

Friday, June 30, 2006

A Post About Nothing in Particular

Max left for Michigan on Tuesday to spend a week back in Michigan, and I'm already bored out of my mind. And I've had plans too. I saw Superman Returns on Tuesday night. It was okay. Brandon Routh is cute as Clark but not as Superman, imo. I was feeling a little under the weather earlier so I had to miss a birthday party on Weds, but I recovered and went and played poker last night at Tyler's apartment. I only agreed to go to Tyler's on the condition that he clean his toilet, which makes me a total bitch, but seriously, last time I went to his place, I nearly got a urinary tract infection from avoiding it. As soon as I walked through the door, I spotted it and it was the worst toilet I've ever seen in my entire life. It looked like there was a layer of black tar covering the entire inside of the bowl. Ew. Seriously - THE WORST TOILET EVER - and I've been to China and Mexico. Last time, I held it for as long as possible and then finally discovered that his roommate had a private bathroom so I asked his roommate if I could use his bathroom. Yeah, the roommate who I'd never met before in my entire. Whose toilet was better, more like a typical boy's bathroom, but still not great. I mean, both these guys are gay. Aren't gay guys supposed to better about cleaning a bathroom than straight guys? Anyway, I was too chicken to ask Tyler to clean his toilet, so I convinced Amol to talk to Tyler about it instead. Tyler was actually cool and didn't seem to have a problem doing it. Still had to hover, and try to pee with minimal pressure so there was no toilet water splashing upwards, but I felt I was pretty safe.

Anyway, with Max gone that leaves me with little to do but to clean. Actually, not just to clean but TO DO RESEARCH about cleaning. I'm focusing on the bathroom and the carpet this weekend. I really wanted to buy that new Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower cleaner but it didn't get great reviews. But, I do highly recommend the two following products, which got rave reviews online:

1.) Clorox Bleach Pen - oh where have you been my whole life? I applied it on the the highly mildewed and stained grout in the shower area. At first, it didn't do much but then I ignored the instructions, reapplied and left it on for about 3 hours. Came home and voila! Beautiful white grout!! Okay, you can somewhat still see where there was mildew but it's really faint. I went through my first pen in about 5 minutes so I've got to trek to the store to buy more, but they're definitely worth the money!!

2.) Barkeeper's Friend - removes rust and hard water stains. So my bathtub was really gross - all these rust stains. I guess the water out here is really hard. Bartender's Friend took the stains of the metal surfaces really easily (especially off the shower curtain bar) but it required a little elbow grease on the actual tub areas. I mean, it didn't take much to get most of the rust out, but did take some scrubbing to get the last faint traces of it out.


Anyway, that's it for now. Gonna drag out the carpet cleaner this weekend, provided it stays sunny and dry. I figure there'll be some bbqs this weekend, and I do a have party to go to tomorrow night, which is good. I love spring/summer cleaning, but after while the fumes and the cracked hands get to me and I need a break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home