/*

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

PPT Hell

Have finally emerged from a week of microsoft power point hell. Who came up with that brilliant program? I have no idea why I can't get my stupid text boxes to line up. They need to rewrite that shit. This job is turning out to be far more challenging than I thought it would be. Or, I've just gotten kind of dumb over the years, which is entirely possible.

Anyway, last week went by so very quickly - a blur of hours spent cursing at my computer under my breath with breaks in between for sleeping (barely), exercising (amazingly I did still manage to make it to the gym a few times), and walking Pig (b/c why should she get punished b/c I have too much work?). Speaking of Pig, I bought her that automatic feeder thing, but she won't use it! Pig - the dog who eats EVERYTHING - just lets her food sit there and waits for me to come home, thus defeating the purpose of the automatic feeder. I figure eventually she'll get around to using it.

So mini-weekend recap: Spent Saturday sleeping on the couch, trying to recover from hellacious work week. I think I took about two three hour naps. Max and I went to Fogo de Chao, this awesome brazillian grilled meat place, to celebrate his new promotion. He's doing great at his job - his new boss loves him and thinks his writing is "sublime." Haha. After dinner we went out to a bar called Father's Office to have a drink with AD, whose birthday was last Thursday. I don't think he really wanted to go out, but Amol threated to just show up at his apartment and drag him out, so I think it was easier for him to appease Amol and let him by him a beer. Pretty laid back night all in all.

Sunday morning I went to see my trainer. I love working out with him! This whole personal training thing totally appeals to the lazy person in me. Jack hands me weights, adjusts the machines, put away weights, jots down notes - everything. All I have to do is just stand in position, do the exercise, and wait for him to do everything else. And when I really have a hard time finishing a set, he helps me finish it. It's perfect really. I am slowly beginning to fit into more pairs of pants, which is nice because I've been too busy to do laundry so my clothing options are limited. Too bad he is so damn expensive. In a weird way tho, that's been motivating. Whenever I want to order a cheeseburger, I think about how much I'm paying for PT sessions and what a waste of money it'd be for me to eat a burger and undo all the gains I've made from training and exercising. That's another thing -I've been getting up at 5 a.m. to go to the gym before work! Amazing! I actually don't mind it so much. It's nice and quiet, and since the gym is on my way to work, it cuts down on my drive time. I can't believe I am now a Super Early Morning person. It's so weird.

Sunday afternoon we had people over to watch the NFC and AFC championship games. I was routing for Brett Farvre so I'm sad he lost. Oh well. Max bought a ton of Popeye's Fried Chicken so we have lots of leftovers. Leftovers I'm trying to avoid, of course.

So. That's that. Tomorrow's hump day and then it'll be the weekend again. Please - just no more power point!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home