/*

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008!!!

Happy New Year!!!

So I'm off to a good start. Went to my first personal training session yesterday. It was great - I really like the trainer and I'm hoping that he'll help me stick to a good exercise routine for 2008. He said that my arms are actually pretty strong, which amazed me. I mean, I have trouble opening everything from jars of spaghetti sauce to bottles of Gatorade. He did say that my weakest areas were my abs (I could have told him that!) and legs, which made sense b/c I don't really work out my legs a lot. Anyway, I told him I wanted to tone up and lose the muffin top so we'll see. We talked about how I have a tendency to work out for a few weeks and then fall off the wagon, so he said he'd try to make sure we come up with routines and workouts that will keep me interested. Not sure that's really the reason why I fall of the exercise wagon, but I was glad to hear that anyway.

I also went to the dentist yesterday and she was very pleased with me - said my teeth looked great, there wasn't much tartar, and the cleaning went really well. That's a first! Altough I didn't keep up my 2007 resolution to floss every day, I guess I did improve some and I feel inspired.

Got a ride home last night from our designated driver Amol, which meant I had to go get my car from Jason's house this morning. And, I TOOK THE BUS to get it! I'm so proud of myself. 2007 Sareet would have paid $40 for a cab ride. Or begged a friend to come pick her up and take her to her car. 2008 Sareet paid $1.25 for a bus ride. Bus was actually fine until a homeless man got on and sat next to me, but that was pretty close to my stop, so I didn't have to hold my breath for too long. My stop was about a ten minute walk to my car. I passed by a man peeing against the side of a building - he waved and said hello. Guess everyone's in a good mood on the first day of the year.

As for resolutions...I dunno. I'm really glad that I got a new job - that was a huge deal for me and now I can cross "get a new job" off the resolutions list. I've been working hard at my new job so I can cross "work harder at the office" off the resolutions list as well. With the new job, my financial situation has improved so I feel like I've got that area under control. So that leaves mainly health and emotional well being?

Okay. Here we go. So this year, I resolve to:

1) Get my wisdom teeth removed. My dentist has been bugging me about this for years and I'm finally going to take care of it this year.

2) Lose the muffin top! (don't laugh - I know I say this every year - or every week - but this is something I want to have happen)

3) Step out of my comfort zone and try new things. I am a total creature of habit and I want to challenge myself to do new things. Even little things like today - taking the bus - that's a great accomplishment for me. I know it sounds silly but I normally would never think of taking the bus. And I did it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy and Lynn said...

Getting your wisdom teeth out isn't so bad--just make sure you ask for the nitrous oxide. It's terriffic.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home