/*

Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Recap

Another Monday. Sigh. To be fair, I don't mind Mondays nearly as much as I used to. I think I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase of a new job. Well, a KIND of "honeymoon" phase...I don't think most newlyweds spend all their time wondering if they're going to get fired.

Anyway, nice weekend. Uneventful. A couple friends came over on Friday night and we ordered chinese food and just sat around and chatted. I think that's a perfect way to spend a Friday night. I just don't have the energy to do more than that. A movie is totally out of the question - I'd inevitably fall asleep. And a bar? Forget it.

I spent Saturday doing what I normally do - napped on the couch while Max watched football, walked the dog, thought about doing the dishes, thought about buying groceries, thought about cleaning the bathroom, thought about doing laundry, and finally settled on at least making it to the gym. I've actually been pretty good about going to the gym lately. In fact, I even got up at 5:15 THIS MORNING, and went to the gym before work. Amazing! It was a bit too early for Pig though - we spent 20 mins outside, with me angrily whispering "go poop. go poop. GO POOP GODDAMMIT" while she just sort of meandered around, looking a bit confused. I have to say, it's scary that time of the morning. Very quiet, and very dark. I think I may start carrying pepper spray with me. I know I have a dog, which makes me less of a target, but let's face it, neither Pig nor I look very intimidating. Especially not me, in a teletubby purple fleece and flipflops.

Anyway, Sat night we went out to the Dresden with some peeps. Have not been there in years. It was okay. Kind of stupidly crowded. I dunno, I used to love that place, especially since it was in Swingers, but I was annoyed last night with how crowded it was. We had to wait in a line for about 15 mins! It's not exactly a happening club, so the line seemed silly. Afterwards, I ate my first 7-11 hot dog. I've never remotely wanted to eat one of those before, considering how wrinkly and gross they look in the case, but I was really hungry and succumbed after Max insisted that they were awesome. And it WAS awesome. I even liked the fake cheese and chili that CAME OUT OF A MACHINE.

So, it was a good thing that I had to meet with my trainer on Sunday morning at 9 a.m. Hopefully I managed to burn off that hot dog. It was our 3rd session and I loved it!! I had such a good workout with him, and he helped me stay focused and motivated. I'm already using heavier weights than I've ever used before, so I'm hoping that all this extra work will yield quicker results. Unfortunately, his regular non-charity-donation prices are VERY STEEP (okay, maybe they're "normal" but still, $70 per hour!!????) I am trying to find ways to rationalize continuing working with him after we're through with our initial sessions. Maybe I can skip a hair appointment (between cut, color and tip - that's about 3 sessions - altho this might mean showing more gray hairs and having an overall bad hairstyle)? Maybe I will win BIG MONEY IN VEGAS???? Also, he does charge less if you sign up for more...

Anyway, that was about it for Sunday. I did manage to make it the grocery store, do the dishes and clean up, but I figured the bathroom and laundry could wait until next weekend ;)

Meeting up with Raleigh tonight for her consultation with Pig. Since she's going to be our on-call dog walker from now on, we're going to have to make sure the apt is REASONABLY tidy before we leave for work in the morning. Sigh. I don't know about you guys, but I have bad habit of leaving stuff around in the morning (underwear, pajamas, bath towels, clothes I changed out of b/c I didn't like the outfit, breakfast dishes, etc) so the apartment is usually a mess. This will take some effort!

Lastly, I'm going to give a shout-out (like this is a radio show) to my friend Jeremy, who apparently has been reading my blog. I haven't seen Jeremy in years - he moved to Florida a while back, but we used to spend a lot of time talking about ways to avoid germs. He too is a bit of a germ-freak and we had many a conversation about the least germy way to press an elevator button. Jeremy is quite a good writer so I'm amazed and flattered he's taken the time to read my shitty posts (literally, since so many of them are about Pig's poop)!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sareet: just wrote you a reply, but Google dumped it before I could publish it (I think). To recap, thanks for the props. Your travails with Pig, scatalogical or otherwise, make for compelling reading. Congrats as well on your new job and for your admirable battle of the bulge (I don't buy it for one moment, though). Let's catch up soon over e-mail. I just need to go disinfect my keyboard.

5:19 PM  
Blogger S said...

Ha! Okay, I'll email you - Max has your email address.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home