/*

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Changes A'Coming

How sad. Only about 20 posts for all of 2008 and it's already June 3rd! To think of all the countless poop stories that have gone unpublished...

Anyway, this year has really turned out to be a year of changes. Not so much for me directly, but more indirectly. Amol is calling it the "series finale of us." Hah. Last weekend Kate packed up a U-Haul and moved up to San Francisco. She got a job not far from where the Chinese Costanzas live. Her boyfriend lives up there so it was only a matter a time for the big move but it still sucks. I've known her since my freshman year in college, and apart from a few summer months, we've lived in the same city since. In fact, we lived together for seven years total (two years in college, and five, I think, out in LA) so it's sort of a big deal. At least I do go up there fairly often, so that's good. And we pretty much email each other every day, especially from work, so I'm hoping that won't change much. Just have to wait until she gets tired enough of being good on her new job to start emailing!

Another big change is Rebecca aka Lypstickgirl is moving as well! She is moving at the end of July to Michigan, also to be with a Man. I don't understand why these girls can't stick with someone in LA. Sheesh. Anyway, I'm pretty bummed about that. Again, since she's moving back to Michigan, I'm sure I'll see her when I visit home but still... My closest female friends are all disappearing! I'm going to have to try harder to make some new friends so it's not just me and the boys. Don't get me wrong, they're great friends but a girl likes to have some close female companionships too. I've been pressuring for them to get some girlfriends. Cool ones though. No idiots. Please. Also plan on getting to know better some of the other cool girls that I know but that I don't see on quite as regular a basis. I actually know quite a few but I just have to put forth the effort. Sigh.

Yet another change is that Amol and Paul are moving out of their apartment. I think they've lived together for about 5 years as well. I'm obviously not as sad about that but we've had many many many fun poker games, bbqs and hot tub nights at that apartment complex. No more pool parties. :( Just when I can finally fit into a swim suit again... They quit their jobs as well. And Julia quit her job earlier this year too. See what I mean - lots and lots of changes. And Jessie plans on quitting her job, and is also moving, although she is staying in LA, just switching apartment.

All these changes make me feel kind of boring. Like I need some new changes. Just not a new job. Luckily, I am FINALLY beginning to settle into my new job, thank god and I just can't go through that again. Max and I would love to move, but as long as the apartment continues to be rent-controlled, and as long as Raleigh is able to walk Pig at a very reasonable rate during the day while Max is at work (possible because she has other clients in the area), we just can't justify moving. Even though the apartment is totally old and gross and dirty and briefly rat infested (luckily not in my unit)and certainly roach infested (unfortunately in my unit) and I want new carpet and a brand new place to decorate...waaah.

Luckily, there are some exciting things lined up on the calendar for the next few months. I'm hoping this weekend will be a recovery week (last two weekends have been insane - both my waistline and wallet are suffering) and then next weekend Julia is throwing some awesome birthday party. She's invited tons of people, it's being held at a restaurant downtown, and there'll be an open bar. Awesome. After that, July 4th weekend. Sadly neither our plans for Italy or even Michigan that weekend have panned out but I'm hoping to at least do something interesting. Like maybe go up to SF or even take a few extra days off and just veg for four straight days (I have been way nostalgic for a summer break - just to sleep in, loll around in my pjs and not do anything for days on end...). Next, comes 8/8/8 - going to Vegas!!! Whoo hooo!!! Amol has been talking about this trip for at least a year. He has dutifully been trained by his chinese girlfriend annie that "8" is a lucky number in chinese so it's seems like a good weekend to go. I definitely want to go back to Michigan before the summer ends as well, so I am tentatively thinking of maybe an end of August trip? We'll see. There are also some other things that could be fun but have yet to be planned. I know the idea of a camping trip has been brought up numerous times. Max and I have talked about a weekend getaway to Santa Barbara, which would be very nice. Maybe we will do our annual (well not so annual lately) Dockweiler Bonfire on the Beach outing. Anyway, lots of little things to keep the daydreams going in my head while I walk Pig.

And finally, a Pig report. She broke a tooth, is beginning to shows signs of arthritis, and has a rather large wart/bengin tumor on her face, but otherwise she is all good. Still cracking Max and me up. Last night she was freaking otu because we were shouting and all nervous during the Wings came. She definitely picks up on nervous energy and just kept jumping on and off the couch, trying to climb into Max's lap (he was definitely more nervous...)

Anyway, hopefully i can get back into blogging. And back into exercising. And back into not eating four slices of pizza and a burger in the same day. Sigh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Randy and Lynn said...

What happened to the Italy plans? Last I spoke with Max he said you were going after all. Peccato!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarita - this is yours truly Ninger. Your cell is disconnected. I am desparately looking for you as I am coming to LA after Jul 4 weekend. Call me pls.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am just so happy that you started blogging again! You are not alone- everyone misses Kate. We will all need to make as many trips up north as possible. We're all mourning that move in our own way. Great for Kate but more than just a widdle bit sad for those of us who wish she could still be here. Surreal.

In the meanwhile, I'm not planning on going anywhere. :) Given that I'm kinda stuck here and everything. So whenever you feel like hanging out with fellow girls, gimme a call. I can't guarantee they'll be "cool girls". We all know I'm as dorky as they come. But I am officially a girl, AND I have other girls around frequently, AND I do love me some sareet!

Incidentally, Parker and the new baby Misha love roaches, so let us come over and we'll take care of that for ya. ;) We just totally dig eating gross stuff.
-Andrea

8:01 PM  
Blogger S said...

Lynn - Well, Max still is unsure if he'll be able to get the time off, and with July 4th being right around the corner, it just seems like we'll be too rushed to properly plan. And we'll pay a fortune in airfare. We'd rather go when we know we'll be free and have a bit more time planning all the details. I'm really disappointed but I'm hoping since Angie and Marco go so frequently that we'll be able to have another opportunity to go shortly.

Ninger - glad you got your phone fixed and that you're coming to visit!!

Andrea - Thanks. Does Parker like the beach? I've been planning on taking Pig to the dog beach down on Huntington Beach. We could do a play date!

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not actually sure if Parker has ever been to the beach... And I'm guessing Misha hasn't. Might be fun! Email me when you decide which day you want to do it and I'll see what we can do. If I know in advance, I can even borrow the suv so that my car doesn't smell like wet dog. Suh-weet. I like dates of all kinds, but a play date sounds particularly good right now.
-andrea

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home