/*

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

SP2 meets Nordic Track

So, maybe someone has thought of this already, but I think that they should merge video games with treadmills. I would definitely be more likely to exercise if, for example, I was in a foot race against the Mario Brothers.

I decided last night that today would officially be the first day of Operation Phantom Bridesmaid Dress, whereby I would stop talking about working out and launch an extensive exercise attack (five days a week on the treadmill for 45 minutes, 3 weight lifting sessions, 2 yoga classes, 2 pilates classes, walking Pig an hour a day) But since Otis kept me up (see below) last night, I overslept this morning...again...so I guess it'll just have to start tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

You could get the dance floor attachment to the PS2 and do that "Dance Revolution" game you see in the arcades.

I like the treadmill/video game idea though - especially if there's a gun attachment. Run around, shoot zombies.

There's one game that's a great thigh/glute workout - you're a cop, shooting at bad guys, but when you physically duck/dodge bullets, so does your onscreen character.

1:27 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Haha, that's funny, you sound like you are working out like me. haha. It sucks. Welcome to my world.

Anyhow, when you said SP2, I totally thought you meant spiderman two. That would be cool too, you know.

6:19 AM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

There's also that boxing game where you hold these heavy-ass "gloves" and box/dodge against characters (like Nintendo's Mike Tyson's Punch Out). Hella fun. But I played it in Vegas and was sorer than I've ever been for 3 days after. But it tracks your calories, too. Hey, Jake told me you were sick. How are you feeling? Just reading your exercise regime made me tired...

10:31 AM  
Blogger S said...

For the record, despite my constant blatherings about going to the gym, I still haven't gone. Not even once. And the wedding is 12 days a way.

I love that dance revolution thing. My mom does too, except she played it so much that the neighbor downstairs complained.

I guess it turns out there are fancy video game/exercise equipment things. My gym is just too cheap to get any!

(I'm feeling much better btw, thanks for asking!)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home