/*

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My Non-Missed Connection

Well, this was rather bizarre. Walking Pig to work this morning when a fairly handsome man pulls up in a shiny green Jaguar right next to me. He rolls down the window and at first I think he's going to ask me for directions but instead he says, "I drove by you and thought you were so attractive I had to turn around at the light and come say hi to you."

Okaaay. I'm pretty sure I had the "Who, me?" (turning around to see who else is there) look on my face cuz if you saw me today, you'd have to admit this is not one of my better days.

So he says his name is Cliff* and asks me mine. For a second I think he thinks I'm a hooker, but considering I'm walking a dalamatian, it's unlikely, as Pig would at the very least hinder my money-making potential if I were one.

So I tell him my name is Sarah, which is my "Starbucks" name.

He says something along the lines of "Nice to meet you. I just had to stop and talk to you. Do you think we could go out some time?"

And I tell him, "Oh thanks, that's sweet, but no. I have a boyfriend." (not to mention, I was told never to talk to strangers who pull up to you on the side of the street and try to offer you candy, er..a date.)

So he says, "Oh, okay" and I say "Thanks" again and continue walking (secretly terrified that he'll follow me all the way to the office and then murder me. And Pig.)

Anyway, that was my non-Missed Connection. (reference to Craigslist, for anyone who doesn't know what that means).

Best part is Julia's reaction to this story over IM, after we both agreed the Jag was probably a rental and the guy was just cruising:

Julia: that's such a funny story
Sareet: i know
Sareet: its' funny b/c it's really ridiculous
Sareet: b/c guys in jags don't stop random people ont hes treet
Julia: exactly
Julia: they usually ask for grey poupon


LOL. Anyway, be it creepy, I'm flattered. Guess that means I should skip my morning shower more often.

*name changed in case he is a Googler.

7 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Haha! That's flattering. People are funny. I had a couple guys try to chat me up on the freeway. We're going 35-40 and he motioned for me to roll down my window. I thought something was wrong with my car or I cut him off, but he said "hi" and asked for my phone number. Another guy honked, which scared me, and when I looked, he waved his phone and pointed to me.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(laughing) That is actually how I got a whole lot of dates in high school! Absolutely a developmental period when my brain couldn't keep up with my body.

One guy I met racing. My maxima. Which is doubly funny given that it was a maxima and... well... the people who know me know what I look like.
-aj

4:49 PM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah it's totally funny and ridiculous yet somehow it kind of makes your day a bit, doesn't it?

I haven't gotten the freeway hit-on thing before, which is probably good, since I'm a really terrible driver and don't need additional distractions.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually did have some cars stop and think I was a hooker when I was living in Italy. I was on this road, going to class, and the road was a notorious hangout for prostitutes. I was standing under a bus sign, but I guess they thought that was a decoy for the cops. I was wearing a dress, but it did come to my knees. Not the best advertising. It was actually really awful -slash-funny at the same time. I never wore that dress again.

5:51 AM  
Blogger S said...

lala - Oh man. Seriously - a knee length dress should be more than okay. Makes for a funny story though!

11:21 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Hmm, what is craig's list?

1:34 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh it's a lovely way of wasting time at the office!

www.craigslist.com

it's like a huge classified ads website. my favorite things to read are the "missed connections" and "best-of" parts. "rants and raves" can be amusing too. sometimes i'll read through the furniture ads to see if there's anything i want.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home