/*

Thursday, April 21, 2005

When I Grow Up

So I just got back from a burlesque club, where several of Thode's friends had gathered to celebrate her birthday. It was awesome! Except for the bouncer, who looked like the love child of Clay Aiken and Gary Busey. Seriously, when I grow up, I want to be a burlesque dancer. Even if it requires working out seven days a week (how on earth do they shake their asses like that??? And their abs - good lord, their abs!). I'm pretty sure that right now there are at least 50 women mimicking these dancers in front of their bathroom mirrors across Los Angeles.

Also I got to meet Megan, whose blog I've been reading for awhile now. She is every bit as cool as she seems on her blog.

But anyway, back to the burlesque dancers. I could be one, right?

This kind of reminds me of how I thought it would be SO cool to be the hostess of a restaurant when I was little kid. Also a Playboy bunny, although I only thought that meant dressing up in a bunny costume.

Which I still think would be fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

I know my ass can't shake like that. She didn't just shake it like a Polaroid picture, it was more like those machines that shake paint in a hardware store. Mike thought that sounded more scary than sexy.

The Playboy clubs back in the day sounded cool. I used to think that would be fun. I like to do the "Bunny dip" when I'm wearing heels and have to pick something up.

1:48 PM  
Blogger S said...

You know, I tried to walk like the first burlesque dancer (you know, when she was squat/walking across the bar - which sounds really unattractive, doesn't it? I can see why Mike thought the ass-shaking sounded scary) and I couldn't move more than half a foot before falling over. In pain.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home