/*

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

2 Disconcerting Things That Happened During My Class Break

1.) WCA waved to me on my way back from the vending machines.

2.) One of my classmates came up to me and asked me if I wanted to buy a copy of the midterm that we're taking next week. Whoa. Call me naive but that's never happened to me before. She's an idiot (and a cheater, but that's obvious) for the following reasons:

-The class is EXTRAORDINARILY easy. All you have to do is show up and listen.
-The midterm consists of 15 True/False questions and 15 multiple choice questions. A monkey could pass it.
-The instructor gave us a "midterm review" last week and he told us what to study specifically for every. single. question. As in Question #17 will be about the four different eras in the history of advertising.
-Most of the students are post-undergrad professionals looking to make a job change and are paying $500 to take a class that's supposed to help their careers.
-Showing no fear or sense of judgement, she asked everyone she saw if they'd like to buy a copy of the midterm, including the 50 something year old guy, who's taking the class along with his wife . Really, all it takes is for one of us to blow the whistle, and I don't know her from Jennifer Wilbanks.

Obviously, I didn't buy one and said "No, thanks" and I'm quite heartened that my groupmates said "No, thanks" as well. I don't think she had a lot of takers, although she did have a handful of money when she came up to me, so maybe there are more idiots in my class than I thought. Part of me wants to anonymously tip the instructor off and at least have him change some of the questions on the test. I wouldn't rat her out specifically. The other part of me feels like - why bother? I mean, what's the point really? She's an idiot, and that's that.

So, any thoughts? Anyone? Anyone?

4 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I vote for let it go. What a retard. It might be fun to f- stuff up for her because she deserves it because she's so dumb, but it's probably more trouble that it's worth. If she finds out you tipped someone off or got her in trouble, she might slash your tires and then you would be seriously inconvenienced.

:)

And I am naive as well--what/who is WCA??

8:34 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah, I decided to let it go too. Whatever. She's dumb.

WCA is the Wilshire Corridor Asshole. Really really big jerk.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think f-ing stuff up for people who suck is a fabulous pasttime. Elliot is a better person than i am... in the long run, it's probably bad karma on you if you call her out. If left alone, she might get hers. Then again, slashing her tires might be fun...

9:45 AM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

i would turn her in. but that's because i freakin' hate cheaters.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home