/*

Monday, May 09, 2005

Back to Exercising

Yesterday, when I told Max I was going to try out the Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease work out video I got from Netflix (edited to add, for my family members who read this: not because I have sudden aspirations to be stripper but these kinds of aerobic workouts are all the rage at the gyms in LA these days and you stay fully clothed the whole time), he said, "Ooh. I want to be around to see that."

Now, I know most boyfriends would say this with a sort of knowing, lascivious tone in their voice, but not mine. Nope. Mine said it, not even trying to hide the laughing, like, "Ooh. THAT'S GOING TO BE FUCKING HYSTERICAL. I want to be around to see that."

Thanks, Max.

As it turns out, I didn't get to try it because Netflix sent me the wrong one and it was Carmen Electra's Lap Dance workout. Which made me blush and I had to turn it off after a minute. So I did Billy Blank's Tae Bo and Kathy Smith's Time Saver Weight lifting program instead. And now I'm so sore I can't even tie my own shoe laces. Or blowdry my hair. Or bend my arms in any way at all.

6 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

A lap dance workout? Haha! That must be good for your thighs. Would this be the Hollywood or Tijuana version? (Warning: Side effects of the latter include pregnancy and runny sores).

1:18 PM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

The Billy Blanks Bootcamp workout made me super sore. There's a whole lot of push-ups and squats involved. You also use these bands to help with resistance training. I can't do even do everything in the advanced workout.

1:23 PM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

meanwhile, i ate a chocolate cannoli and wondered why i was getting fat.

3:44 PM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah, I didn't get very far into the lapdance (literally a minute or so) because it didn't seem like it could possibly be a work out. And in the previews, it sounds like something you have to work up. It's the fourth disc in the series. Yikes.

Plus all the gyrating and hair windmilling (do you know what I mean by that? When you whip your head in a big circle so your hair does this windmill thing? )made me dizzy. And I all I was doing was watching it - imagine how dizzy I'd be doing it!

All I kept thinking was - I bet more guys rent this video than women do...

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boy is so innocent i won't even be able to mention this to him. He might blush while i read it!

7:45 AM  
Blogger S said...

Something tells me the cover of the video is old - she's wearing really shiny spandex and has her hair in some strange off-centered half pony/pigtail. But she looks about 10 years older and is wearing normal clothes during the actual workout - thank god. I have a hard enough time motivating myself to do the tape. Shiny spandex would not help.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home