/*

Monday, May 23, 2005

Weekend Recap

Well this was a very busy weekend for me and I was quite tempted to call in sick this morning, just to get a day to recover. Saturday morning we got some sad news - a death in Max's family. His grandpa on his mom's side had passed away the night before. I only got to meet him once, but I'm glad that I did. He was a very nice and sweet man. I have a great picture of him and the rest of Max's family somewhere on this blog. Anyway, my sincerest condolences to Lynn and Jean and the rest of the family...

So basically this whole weekend was about cleaning and moving. I spent Saturday cleaning out The Scary Closet. Yes, you all have one. Don't even try to deny it. The most random thing I found in The Scary Closet? One small stuffed llama - the size of a Barbie horse. A housewarming gift to me and Kate from Jessi, I think. Post if you have something even more random in your Scary Closet. Winner gets....um, bragging rights?

After the closet cleaning, I went over to Reggie's (Julia's new man) place to play poker and drink lemon drops. I had a great time, met some cool people, learned a whole bunch of poker based card games, won about $3 and was back home before midnight. Now that is my kind of night.

Sunday was the big move in day. First we went to pick up a beautiful dresser we bought off of Craigslist. It's really cool and vintage looking. Next came the actual moving, which I managed to get out of, on the grounds that I really can't lift anything heavy, and there was more closet cleaning to be done. Man, my bedroom closet looks awesome now. I mean, OUR bedroom closet looks awesome now. I reorganized all my clothes and got all of Max's clothes in too. Sadly for Max though, he only gets 3 out of the 9 drawers in the dresser. It just can't be helped. Where's a girl suppose to put her 30 some different tank tops? And if anyone's wondering about the shoes, well, I think I've found the answer. Hanging shoe shelves.

Oh, and Pig licked some 409 cleaning fluid, which I was quite concerned about, until both my mom and aunt assured me that she would probably be fine. And Max pointed out that once, he accidentally swallowed some radiator fluid (don't ask...something about siphoning and an oil change or something) and survived. Of course, that explains a lot... ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Thode said...

Most random thing found in scary closet:
I don't know if I told you this story but in 7th grade I was cleaning my closet and pulled up the edge of the carpet to discover a small bag with a charm in it - a tiny shovel and spade! Charm necklaces were all the rage so I immediately put it on my gold chain and wore it two school. About a week into wearing it, my mom looked at my neck with horror. "WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE?" "I found them in my closet, why?"
Because they were coke spoons. I guess the former owners had a dirty little secret...

6:47 PM  
Blogger kate g said...

in response to that comment, that is a riot!!!!
to sareet, i found this on my friend phyllis' website and thought after you found the llama in your closet, you'd be amused....
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php

i can't think of anything weird in my closet, but when i do i'll add something. (i'm pretty boring though so it's unlikely i'll come up with anything).

4:46 AM  
Blogger S said...

thode - that's hysterical. although, i'm not sure that even if i found coke spooons now, that i'd realize they were coke spoons. shovel and spade charms would still be my guess!

kate g - oh man. love the llama song. now i have it stuck in my head.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in nyc no one has a scary closet, since you are lucky to get a closet at all. Andy and I share one that is not quite the size of the smaller dorm room ones. It's sad and funny.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home