/*

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Boot Camp

Bootcamp is a challenging, fun and effective fitness program designed to deliver maximum total body results. The class structure is suitable for people of any fitness level. We combine activities like: push ups, agility exercises, resistance training, abdominals, power squats, speed drills, obstacle courses, and endurance challenges to create a fun and rewarding total body workout.

So, I saw this advertisement online, and thought, hey did this could be cool. Maybe if I actually signed up and paid for boot camp, I wouldn't bail on exercising every the morning. I was pretty interested until I saw this part:

There are individual exercises and team-oriented drills set up to motivate you and promote camaraderie. At the end of each camp there are awards given for performance and other merits of worth. We hold a “graduation” ceremony and honor achievers with rewards. The program is 5 weeks long and classes are held 5 times per week

Why - WHY - must there always be teamwork? Instantly flooded with memories of bad gym classes. Great - not only will I look stupid running through an obstacle course, but I could let down my "team." Camraderie?? More like unnecessary anxiety and self-esteem issues...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do charity work with a dude named Sonki who runs a boot camp. I've never been willing to join but I know a lot of people (people with very realistic body sizes, BTW) who praise him up and down. If you're interested in more info, let me know.
-aj

4:54 PM  
Blogger Sue V. said...

hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. it's always nice to find and read a new blogger!...just one more thing to do besides work!! ;)

8:13 PM  
Blogger S said...

aj - yeah, i'd be interested. but will Sonki put me on a team, and make me feel even dumber running an obstacle?

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home