/*

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hump Day

Woke up this morning and was actually well-rested. Go figure. Must have had something to do with the fact that I didn't have to get up and pee in the middle of the night. I HATE that. Also, possibly because I didn't have an anxiety dream last night. Now, this is not a pity-me post or a cry-for-attention post - I just want to point out that I have the most UNORIGINAL anxiety dreams. In the last two weeks, I've dreamt that:

1.) I'm back in school, I don't know where my classes are, and when I get to them, I discover I haven't done any of my homework for an entire week. And my notebook is all filled up, so I don't have any clean paper to take notes with.

2.) While shopping at a department store, I lose my purse full of money, credit cards, and all my jewelry.

3.) I'm in a school musical, but I don't know the words and don't have the right costumes, but get stuck going up on stage anyway, so I have to try to pretend to sing along by mouthing to lyrics I don't know.

4.) My teeth are loose and about to fall out and I can't find my dentist's name and number in the yellow pages.

So, I am expecting, in the next few nights, to show up to work naked, and get chased by a monster and not be able to run away from it.

2 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Haha! My anxiety dreams aren't that different: I realize at the end of a semester at college that I forgot to cancel a class and the final is going on at that moment. I have to run and take an essay test on a subject I know nothing about.

The other one is that I have to change clothes for some reason, like in a car or somewhere people can see me. I usually end up partially naked, desperately trying to cover myself.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Plumb said...

What is it that's so traumatic about academia that we're still having nightmares many years later?

Oh yeah, everything.

An interesting subcategory - the marching band anxiety dream. Basically just a variation on the school play / musical dream. I get it about once a month.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home