/*

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Half way through my 4 day weekend

I'm laying on the couch in the sweltering heat, trying not move so as not to expend any energy which would make me feel even hotter, cursing the fact that I don't have airconditioning, and feeling like things could not get any worse, when they do.

Pig starts farting. And continues to fart. I've counted eight so far.

For the love of god, she eats the same food every day! Why must she have a gas problem today!!!

Anyway, I'm about halfway through my four day weekend. It's been pretty laidback so far. I left work early on Friday, cleaned the bathtub and then just laidd around until I got sleepy at midnight.

Yesterday, on the hottest day of the year, I decided to steam clean the carpet with my little bissel steam cleaner. That took FOREVER. Seriously - hours. In case anyone remotely wants carpet cleaning tips, I will say that by far the best product is the Nature's Miracle stuff for pet stains and ordors. It doesn't say on the back of the bottle that it can be used in a carpet cleaner machine, but it works great in mine. Only drawback is that it's a bit costly, because you really can't dilute it. Second best thing is regular carpet cleaning detergent, which I turned to when I ran out of NM. And thirdly, a solution of vinegar and hot water, which I turned to when I ran out of the regular carpet cleaning detergent.

After I cleaned the rest of the apartment, I got a call and it seemed some people wanted to come over to bbq and preparty, before going to Tony and Natalie's party. Which I said was fine provided everyone taking their #$*%&ing shoes off! Which they did so that was nice. Josh, Courtney, Benjamin, and Jason came over with food and drinks. We had burgers, sweet corn, and I made Andrea's margarita melon salad which turned out great. At around 10:30 p.m., we headed over to Tony and Natalie's new gorgeous apartment. I totally wish we lived in a place like that - high vaulted ceilings, nice views, two spacious bedrooms and lots of closet space. Max and I have talked about moving into a bigger apartment but that probably won't happen since the place we have now is so convenient for me in terms of the commute to work. And, it's only a one bedroom so the rent is very affordable between the two of us.

Anyway, the party was really fun. As usual, I took a bunch of pics. Quite accidentally we discovered that if everyone looks in random directions, the pics come out quite funny. Here are a few of my favorite pics from the night:










Before everyone called it a night, we made last minute plans to go to Din Tai Fung this morning. Courntey had been wanting to try their "soupy dumplings" for months and I was glad to find people willing to wait with me for a table. We had to wait for an hour in the sweltering heat but it was worth it! I love that place. Yum!

2 Comments:

Blogger Thode said...

As Pig's number one sitter I am proud to report that she is the only dog I have ever witnessed AUDIBLY farting. Normally dog's just have SBDs (silent but deadly), but Pig's farts actually toot like a human's sometimes. Awesome.

6:29 PM  
Blogger S said...

Totally! It cracks me up. All of sudden, I'll hear "pppfffbbbbttt" -or however you spell a fart!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home