/*

Monday, January 08, 2007

Football Goddess

Each year in September or so, Max and I sit down and make our playoffs and Superbowl picks for the football season. First year, I won and I made Max clean out the refrigerator. Second year I won and I got dinner and a movie of my choice on him, which I was going to exchange for an outing to the Mystery Dinner Theater, or the Pirates Dinner Adventure. However, since we hadn't had a chance to go before this football season started, we decided to REALLY gamble and bet double or nothing. If I won this year, rather than going out to eat, I'd get a mini-trip planned and paid for by Max. If he won, he got out of the Mystery Dinner/Pirate Dinner Adventure.

And, after the first week of the playoffs, I've won already!!! I'm ahead by one point, and there's no way he can catch up, since both of his Superbowl picks are out already. Whoohoo!! Mini-Break!!!

We also made several bets on other football games this weekend. The loser (me) of the Kansas vs Indianopolis game had to take the down the Christmas tree ornaments. The loser (Max) of the Seattle vs Dallas game had to clean the bathroom. It turned out to be a great way to make football more interesting, and to get a clean apartment!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh.... I went to the pirates dinner adventure. Again. Two weeks ago. With guests from out of town.

Have you been there before? And if not, have you thought this plan through? Because punishing max in a funny way isn't so funny when you also feel punished. As I do. Frequently. By the pirates show.

Thank you, again, out of town guests.
-aj

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home