/*

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Strange Experiences

1.) Eating m&m's and jelly beans while doing research on how to lose your cellulite. And learning there's no real way.

2.) This conversation:

Me: So you know that mtg I set with Unnamed Client for 10:30 tomorrow morning? We have to move it.

Boss: Why?

Me: Well, I just made an emergency 9:15 a.m. doctor's appt, and it's the only time I can get in to see her this week so I'm afraid I can't make the 10:30.

Boss: (concerned) Are you alright?

Me: Yeah. I'm fine.

Boss: Okay, let's put the mtg at 11:30 then. You'll be back by then, right?

Me: No. I need it to be in the afternoon. Late in the afternoon. As late as possible.

Boss: Why? What are you seeing the doctor for?

Me: Well..(rushed) this-big-zit-on-my-nose-is-driving-me-insane-seriously-what-is-up- with-adult-acne-so-anyway-I-have-to-see-the-dermatologist-
right-away-and-she'll-probably-give-me-a-shot-of-cortisone-which-will-make-my-nose-swell-
to-Rudolph-size-and-I'm-really-vain-so-it-has-to-be-an-afternoon-meeting-because hopefully-the-swelling-will-go-down-by-then....

Boss: What zit?

Me: The zit on my nose.

Boss: (peering) I don't see anything.

Me: Well, it's definitely there.

Boss: (pulling off his bifocals to look) You're the only one who can see that.

Me: Not true. But anyway, can we move the meeting?

Boss: Fine. Does Max know you're this crazy?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! that conversation is awesome.
wish i could talk to my boss like that and receive the same kind of reply. j. just thinks i'm nuts but doesn't say anything about it.
probably you were the only one who could see the zit too though.
:)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home