/*

Friday, June 06, 2008

Summer Plans

I posted a myspace bulletin yesterday, but figured I'd post it here as well:

For those of us who lead lives of quiet desperation while counting down the days until WangCon 2009, I have put together a list of a few events and actitivies to help us pass the time.

If you're interested, let me know, and I'll email you the details

Grunion Run - June 21 - 10 p.m., San Pedro. Apparently grunion are these little fish, like smelt, that come up on the beach to spawn at night in the summer months. You can only catch them with your bare hands (no nets allowed), and you can cook them in GREEN BEAN CASSEROLES. Cost: I think free, except you need a fishing license, which we can pick up at a sporting goods store. Max says they're cheap.
http://www. beachcalifornia. com/grunion-run. html


Friday Night Racing at the Hollywood Park - July 11 - $1 Beer, before 9 p.m., $1 Sodas, $1 hot dogs all night. $10 admission before the 7th race, which includes a free Berlin concert.

Berlin!!

Hollywood Bowl - "Not the Messiah (He's a Very Naughty Boy) with Eric Idle" - Aug 2, 8:30 p.m. Join Python superstar Eric Idle and his Spamalot Grammy and Tony award-winning co-composer John Du Prez and a cast of thousands - well, an audience of thousands plus the LA Phil, chorus, soloists, bagpipers and a sheep - as they tell the tragic-comic story of a man mistaken for the Messiah, inspired by Handel’s famous oratorio Messiah and Monty Python’s hilarious Life of Brian. Idle – singing baritone-ish – reprises some of his best-loved roles from the legendary movie that reminds you to “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.” I'm actually not a big Python fan, but since I don't think anyone will go with me to the Sound of Music Sing A-Long (right? right?), this is next best bet. I'm planning on getting cheapy tickets ($12) as the best part of the Hollywood Bowl is the picnicking and the drinking outdoors.

LA County Fair - Sept 5-28. I love me some fair food and was bummed that I missed this one last year, so I definitely want to go.

Nov 6 – Madonna - Dodger stadium. I want to see Madonna just once in concert before she gets old, which looks like it will never happen, but still...I'm thinking just the cheap tickets will do - around $62

I would also like to go see Body World 3 at the California Science Museum. Last day of the exhibit is Sept 7.

For Max's sake, hopefully some of you are interested in the events above.

Especially the GRUNION RUN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home