/*

Friday, October 22, 2004

My Hair on a Boring Friday Afternoon

So I've noticed when people have long hair, they tend to be pretty preoccupied with it, compared to people with short hair. Since I've had both, I can attest to this. I've been working hard at growing out my hair and now that it's finally at shoulder length, I can't stop thinking about it. That's terrible, isn't it? It's just that it's always in my way. I mean, I can see it, even when I'm not looking in a mirror. Annnnnyyyyywaaaaay, my new obsession is with blow-drying it. I've avoided blow-drying it for awhile but this week I decided it was time to start wearing my hair down, instead of wet and in a bun. So, being the ever so obsessive person that I am, I actually looked up on the internet (or the Internets, according to Bush) about how best to blow-dry your hair. Yes, uh huh. I did. And you know what? I've been doing it wrong for my entire life. Seriously. Apparently, to avoid frizz (and my hair is SO unfairly NOT your typical asian hair - it frizzes like crazy) you're supposed to point the blowdryer down the length of your hair. I've always just flipped my head over and waved the blowdryer around haphazardly. AND THAT WAS THE WRONG WAY. Something about sealing the cuticle shaft. I don't know. Either way, I did what the website told me to do (apply straightening crap, divide hair in four sections blah blah blah) and voila! It was amazingly less frizzy. Who knew?

So like, oh my god, I swear, I'm, like, so not as vacuous as my, like, blog makes me sound...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is very educational.

i've been drying my hair the wrong way all this time.

4:53 PM  
Blogger S said...

I think it's a conspiracy among hairstylists. They don't tell you the right way so you think they're really really cool when they make your hair all straight and shiny.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home