/*

Friday, October 15, 2004

Cozy Mysteries

Bearing in mind that I'm a 26 year old woman living in LA and not a 65 year grandma of seven living in Wisconsin, is it as sad as I suspect it is that I want to read "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder: A Hannah Swenson Mystery"?

Hannah Swensen, amateur sleuth, runs an eat-in cookie establishment in little Lake Eden, MN. When the well-liked milkman is murdered in the alley near her shop, Hannah joins forces with the deputy sheriff, who just happens to be her brother-in-law. While delivering cookies, catering scouting events, and otherwise gadding about the community, Hannah gathers important clues. Family and other connections, concern with finding Hannah a "steady," and several cookie recipes lend this debut series a small-town, rural flavor. This mystery is pleasant and easy to take.

BTW, it comes with seven cookie recipes in the back, and I fully intend to try at least one.

What the *#$&#$ is wrong with me????

6 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Okay - I have no idea how to get rid of that stupid ad comment. If anyone knows, let me know. Otherwise, let's just hope it doesn't happen again.

6:04 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh okay. It worked. It was some ad for a free flat screen tv. I have feeling it was a scam!

6:05 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I am pretty sure there is something wrong with you, because I want to read it too, and I know there's something wrong with me.

By the way, Kevin and I selected books on tape for the drive home this time. At the library, we got the first 4 books in the left behind series (have you heard of that) and 2 books by john jakes, the north and the south, and american dreams. We had to pick books that both men and women would enjoy--and Kevin was a big fat NO to any sort of girly mysteries:(. Booo. At least I have always wanted to read the left behind series.

7:10 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah, I've heard about the left behind series but I'm sort of scared of them. Everyone who reads them gets really religious and tries to convert me. Promise me you won't do that!

I can understand Kevin not wanting to get those girly mysteries. They're really terrible...and totally addictive! I can't stop - I've already requested like four more in each series (Agatha Raisin, and the Chocolate Chip ones)from the library. At least I'm getting them from the library and not spending money on them! I've even decided to borrow the next Stephanie Plum one - book version not tape though.

6:11 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I promise I won't go all religious on your ass and try to convert you:). I think that you have to sort of believe in things like the apocolypse and stuff to start with to get all religion-y. It's just a made up story, but I have heard that they are really entertaining. Probably wouldn't have been actually motivated enough on my own to get them, but well since I was trying to find something Kevin might like too, it was tougher.

Did you like the Stephanie Plum book on tape? They are such a guilty pleasure. hehe. I didn't know it was so hard to get books on tape though--I stopped by the library because I was going to try to get the davinci code and angels and demons, because kirsten told me Cletis like them, and I guess there is some waiting list! i had no idea audio books were so popular!!

5:19 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah, Stephanie Plum on tape is not so great. I have a feeling I'd like her more if I read her.

I think a lot of people who have a long commute listen to audio tapes. Sometimes I'll get into one and just listen to it even on my four minute drive to work.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home