/*

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Exercising People

So my Dad, my brother and my brother's girlfriend (Katie) all finished the Chicago marathon on Sunday. Dad's goal was to make it through under 6 hours and I'm proud to say he did it in 5 hours and 59 minutes flat. My brother did it in 4:07 and Katie in 4:30 so congrats to everyone!! Dad called me to tell me he had a great time and it was so much fun and he's coming out to LA in March to run the LA Marathon and he wants me to run it too! Errr...ummm.....how about I just stand on the sidelines and cheer? (this is my standard answer to any one who asks me to join a sport thing) He pointed out that I could at least do the 5k run, which is around three miles so I'm actually thinking about that. That probably wouldn't suck too much. And it would be nice to be a part of the very thing that causes a tremendous amount of traffic every year.

Also, I learned when I was up in SF that my mom has been taking a long walk every day and I think that's really awesome. I'm really proud of her because this is the same woman who used to stalk people coming out of the mall and follow them in her car to their cars in an effort to find the very closest available parking space. I think she waited over half an hour once. And she's never exercised in her life and took Bowling to fulfill her P.E. requirement in college. So anyway, yay for my mom too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home