/*

Friday, October 01, 2004

First Presidential Debate

Well, I was very relieved last night and thought Kerry definitely did far better than Bush. He seemed poised, confident, intelligent and well-prepared. I think he spoke concisely, for once, and explained his positions quite clearly. I have to say, I was surprised by how well Kerry did and equally surprised by how poorly Bush did. I don't think Bush is a great speaker, but he can usually sound at least somewhat convincing. But I thought Bush looked annoyed, petulant (he always does, but somehow he seemed sulkier than normal) and could only repeat the same phrases over and over again. So, we'll see. Maybe there is hope after all. Maybe I won't have to induce vomiting come November 2nd.

Also, was it just me, or did Moderator Jim look like he had no whites in his eyes? Like his eyes were just all pupil?

And I thought it was funny that Laura and Teresa were wearing the same outfit. Except Teresa's top had a zipper and Laura's had buttons.

I'm looking forward to the vp debates, mainly to see how Edwards comes off. He was on CNN this morning and had this unfortunate huge bump/wart thing on his upper lip - I hope he gets that lanced by Tuesday because it was a total distraction and all I could do was stare at it. Kind of like when someone gets food caught in their teeth and the whole time they're talking to me, I just keep wondering if I should tell them and how. So I end up not listening to them. Which is why I always tell people with whom I've never eaten before to please let me know if I get food stuck in my teeth. Makes a strange business lunch icebreaker but it has to be done. Nothing is worse than noticing the jungle hanging out of your mouth as you drive away from the restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home