/*

Monday, September 27, 2004

Weekend Recap

The thing about weekends is, if you do nothing...it lasts forever!!! It feels like it's been a whole week since I was sitting here at the office.

Anyway, Friday night, I watched a really crappy Johnny Depp movie called "Secret Window." I've finally come to accept that the reason why some movies come and go and you never hear about them even though you saw previews at the movie theater is because THEY SUCK. And I should not bother to rent them. Even if there's a good cast ("Duplex" comes to mind). I figured out the big twist to "Secret Window" 20 minutes into the movie so Max and I just watched the rest of it on fastforward and made fun of how lame and predictable it is.

The highlight of Saturday was my trip to Costco. So sad. Actually, that was the highlight of my weekend, which makes me flat out pathetic. The trick to keeping one's sanity at Costco is to get there early, and stay away on Sundays. One time I went on a Sunday afternoon and it was packed with people who had far too many kids. I'm sorry, but if you can't fit all your kids in a cart (especially the huge ones at Costco), you shouldn't bring them to the store. There should be some sort of check at the entrance. Cuz that's where they belong. In the cart. Despite the warning signs. That's the only place they're safe from people like me, who want to mow their whiny nose-picking asses down. Don't get me wrong - I like kids...a lot actually...but not when they're running into me on my way to the check out line, where I'm going drop more money than I intended to spend/have, because as usual, I got distracted by some yoga pants/towels/books/socks/misc unnecessary items.

So, Saturday night, Max went over to Josh's to hang out with him and AD. I was invited but just felt like sitting around so I stayed in. Anyway, the next day I asked Max to guess what I did the night before. He said, "I don't need to guess... I know." What a snot. So of course I made him guess. And he said, "You watched Law & Order, crocheted (Pig's blanket), read your new book and played SIMS on PS2." And I was like, "HAH - YOU'RE SO WRONG - I DID NOT PLAY SIMS LAST NIGHT!!!" I can't believe how well he knows me. Then he said, "Well, then, that was because you didn't want to get off the couch to set up the PS2." And you know what's SO SAD?? It's totally true. The only time I got off the couch was to get some Twix icecream. I was genuinely too lazy to get the PS2 console out of the tv cabinet, unwind the controllers and turn it on. Dude - come on, that's a total hassle.

Sunday. Lions lost. They suck. I don't even want to talk about it. It was a sad game and Max and I spent the whole car ride back from the bar discussing why Joey Harrington sucks. I could go into it, but I'd rather not. Oh, and I didn't try the Prime Rib. I'm trying to be healthy again. Instead I tried their "Field Goal Omelette" which was a spinach, swiss cheese and shrimp omelette. The shrimp scared me so I told the waitress to leave them out please. And it was actually pretty good, so I may stick with that next week.



2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

The Sims part totally made me laugh out loud! I actually put my PS2 in the cabinet because I knew I would be too lazy to set it up for a few days (weeks). Once I start playing Sims, I totally lose track of time and wind up feeling sad and drained when I quit because I lost so much of my day/evening/whatever.

10:56 AM  
Blogger S said...

I usually get a headache after playing SIMS for too long. I get the same kind from doing crosswords puzzles or playing chess. Kind of a car sick/nauseous feeling.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home