/*

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Pig's Morning Schedule

I've noticed Pig has a morning routine. It's really cute. I know I blog about her a lot, and it's not interesting to anyone, but I just can't help it. This is her schedule (roughly):

7:30 Wake up, lick paws and self-groom
7:45 Full-body shake (for fluffing fur and giving Mom a pre-wake-up call since the collar jangles), walk over to Mom, sit and start groaning & whining (actual wake-up call)
7:50 No reaction from Mom, grunt disapprovingly, lay down and wait for 10 mins
8:00 Put paws on bed, stick nose in Mom's face - dammit, wake up woman!
8:15 Walk time - yay! Make sneezy noises while Mom gets dressed to let her know how much she sucks for taking so long to get out of bed
8:30 Breakfast
8:32 Still hungry. Gnaw on bones, do wall-to-wall sniff check of carpet for crumbs.
8:45 Sit & beg for table scraps at the breakfast table
9:00 Hmmm...wonder what's happening out on the balcony
9:00 - 9:15 Bark at garbageman, stare fight with big fat cat next door, lick bbq grill until caught
9:15 - 9:45 Sun bathe
9:45 Get back into bed for morning nap
10:00 Glare at Mom, who's late for work again, when she comes to say bye. Silently protest against the injustice of being left home by laying perfectly still in bed. Take that, bitch.

I'm not kidding - she does this every single day.

(And yes, that means I'm late for work every single day.)



3 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I love it! I love that you are as nutty about your dog as I am about the bunnies. I love that you refer to yourself as MOM! hahahahahahahahaha! I do that with the bunnies too, and Kevin always corrects me and says 'owner' and I always stick my tongue out at him or tell him to shut up, I am the only mom they ever truly knew....I think. I wonder about the memory banks of rabbits. Hmmm. Pig is very lucky to have you for a mom, you are very observant of her habits. Hehe:)

8:04 AM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

you're late for work because you're hiding in the corner, taking notes on your dog like an anthropologist. :)

8:53 AM  
Blogger S said...

Of course we're their Moms!!! My aunt refers to herself as MeeMee (short for Mommy) when it comes to her dog Boris. As in "Give MeeMee a kiss..." or "MeeMee loves you"

I don't know much about bunny memory banks. I do remember thinking that your bunny was eating its on earwax. Do you remember that?

And julia - i think you may have a very good point there...

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home