/*

Monday, September 20, 2004

Weekend Recap

With the exception of the cake-winning excitement (see below), the weekend was pretty tame. I did manage to finish crocheting Pig's tube top. See, my sister taught me how to crochet last Christmas, but I'm terrible at it. I'm so terrible that she asked me not to tell people that she taught me. Anyway, I can only crochet scarves, so I decided to make a tube top for Pig by stitching three large scarves together. But that looked kind of silly, so I turned it into a cape. Which looks equally silly, so I think this might have to be an indoor cape for Pig. Speaking of Pig, poor thing got beat up at the celebrity dog park on Saturday. She never plays and usually just wanders around by herself but for some reason, she decided to play with this pit bull named Doris. Well, at first it was all fun and games, but then I could tell she'd had enough. Her poor tail was tucked between her legs and she kept surrendering by laying down but damn Doris wouldn't leave her alone. She didn't get hurt but I could tell she was pretty unhappy about it. I hate pit bulls.

Anyway, yesterday the Lions beat the Houston Texans! Yay! Two wins in a row. Lions looked a lot better. I showed up at Boardwalk 11 at halftime, which was perfect (although somehow I got lost on the way, even though I've been there over a dozen times...don't ask) Ordered the burger...not so great. The waffles I had last week were not so great either. They only have 8 items on their food menu, and there are a total of 16 games, so I'm going to keep trying something new until I find something I like. Hopefully that'll be soon...otherwise, it's gonna be a long season. Next week I'm trying the Prime Rib w/ eggs...although I don't have high hopes. A place that can't make a good burger is not likely to make a good prime rib. But it never hurts to try...unless it gives me food poisoning. Which it won't. Probably. Right?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL PEOPLE THAT I "TAUGHT" YOU HOW TO CROCHET!!!! And WHAT DO YOU DO??? YOU POST IT ONLINE FOR THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD TO SEE....WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!?!?!?! hahaha...jk jk...I guess that's what I get for stealing your black shirt for 5 years. hahaha ooops, did I just say that???~~~~ your very embarressed little sis.

8:18 AM  
Blogger S said...

What black shirt???!!! And btw, did do you have the black shorts I stole from you? I can't find them in my closet.

BTW, I'm crocheting a blanket for Pig next. I need to buy yarn though, I'm still just using the leftover yarn from her cape.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's the one that is from limited that is half see through on the top (shoulders and arms) and then some what lightly knitted at the bottom half. hahaha...and yes...I finally have those black shorts back...thanks...oh by the way, are you missing purple/blue shorts? Because some how I have two of them, in two different sizes....and I just can't imagine myself buying two of them, in different sizes...

10:08 AM  
Blogger S said...

dude - i love that black shirt from the limited!!! i know EXACTLY which one you're talking about, and went thru mom's closet last xmas looking for it.

i'm not missing purple/blue shorts. i am missing a pair of gray shorts, though.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home