/*

Friday, September 17, 2004

Dodgers Game

I went to the Dodgers game last night and it was surprisingly very fun. I say surprisingly only because baseball totally bores me and I can't even stand watching the highlights of it on Sportscenter. But I love live sporting events so I agreed to go and had a blast. The only unfortunate thing is that I didn't get to see anyone make a run. The score was 2-0 when we got there (they were playing the Padres). The Padres did make one run but at the time that it happened, I was watching a fight break out in the stands so I totally missed it. Final score was 3-0 so that was that. Real fights are fun to watch though. I've noticed that they seem much less effective than fights in movies. They keep pummelling, but don't seem to actually connect very often.

We got these bilingual talking mini-Fernando something key chains at the game. I guess he's some famous baseball player. When you press the button on his back he says something I don't understand in Spanish, and then something I don't understand in English, but ends with "Number one!" Anyway, Max hung his key chain on my rearview mirror, and Amol hung his on the bar where you hang your dry cleaning from (what is that called?). I totally forgot about them and freaked out when I noticed both of them this morning as I was backing out of the driveway. It was weird because I looked at the rear view mirror, and there he was dangling there, but then additionally, there he was again, dangling in the reflection in the mirror. Does that make sense? Anyway, it was freaky and reminded me of the gnome on the Travelocity commercials. Plus for some reason, Max thought it would be funny to put lipstick on his Fernando guy so it made it even stranger.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Soy Fernando Valenzuela. Con ustedes estamos numero uno! With you, we are number one!"

4:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

AWESOME!!! Thank you!!! I was a bit afraid to look in the backseat for fear that you left your Fernando hanging somewhere in the car as well.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home