/*

Monday, September 20, 2004

Free Cake

So, not many people know this but I am a cake-winning genius! I won a free cake from Pavillions on Saturday. They were giving them out every half hour. I guess they do a ten second countdown every half hour and everyone runs and stands on a number (they have a whole bunch of them all over the floor of the grocery store) Anyway, I totally missed the announcement because I was standing in the paperback aisle trying to decide if I should buy a cheezy romance novel. (I got distracted by a romance novel by Nicholas Sparks pretending not to be a romance novel - the cover was very simple looking, rather than of a woman in flowerly dress in the arms of naked man) Anyway, this woman runs and stands on the number right next to me and as I was walking away, I just knew in my heart that that number would be called. And it was! But it turns out the woman worked for Vons (owned by the same company that owns Pavillions), so she wasn't eligible to win. So the produce guy, who saw me standing near her, told me to hurry and stand on her number, and that the manager was coming with the cake. So I rushed over, stood on number 13 and won a big coconut cake! The thing is, when I was in fifth grade, I did this cakewalk thing at the school fair, and landed on number 12, and just knew in my heart that it would get called and it did! And I won a free box of cupcakes. Clearly, I am a cake-winning genius. A psychic cake-winning genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home