/*

Friday, September 24, 2004

Too Much TV

Oh man. Been watching way too much TV these last two days. Started Wednesday, with LOST, which I liked but didn't love. Maybe my expectations of J.J. Abrams were just too high. But there's a Sexy Tattooed Doctor/Amateur Pilot in it so I'll probably get hooked. Plus I love plots that involve a bunch of people stuck somewhere. (12 Angry Men, Flight of the Phoenix, Poseidon Adventure, Swiss Family Robinson, to name a few) And next week looks better, so there's hope. That was followed by two new Law & Orders. I miss Lenny and his "wisecracks." Denis Farina does a good job but he's no Jerry Orbach. Of course, that's not going to stop me from watching the show because I am a L&O whore and will watch it whenever it's on and at any point in the episode, even if I'm tuning in for only the last five minutes. And even if I've seen that episode several times.

So, back to the TV watchin'. Last night I caught a L&O rerun on TNT, a L&O SVU rerun on USA (yes, I know...that's the worst one, but it was about shaken baby syndrome, and not some really gross sex crime so that was okay), new C.S.I. on CBS, and then Without a Trace. I am such a criminal/procedural show junkie. I am the reason why there's three C.S.I.s and four L&Os. By the end of the night, I was totally freaked out and kept thinking about how someone could come in and kill me and Pig. And leave us dead...which I suppose would be the point of killing us.

Anyway, for all the other TV junkies out there, be sure to check out one of my favorite sites (indispensable during the fall season) www.televisionwithoutpity.com It recaps every episode in very witty way and is a total "enabler" (is that the word I'm thinking of?) to my TV addiction.

6 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I am a victim to l&o as well. *sigh*. USA network, NBC, TNT--you name it, if they are showing law and order--I am there. ESPECIALLY for special victims unit. I like Elliot and Olivia. And Ice-T. Hmm. I think that's his name. Rapper dude on law and order? Ice something. I am usually horrified by the crimes, but at the same time it makes it all the more satisfying when they catch the guy (or girl), doesn't it?

I miss Lenny too. I think my favorite thing about l&o is how you can predict sometimes how the story goes. Like if it's too early in the show when they nab someone, then you know it's the wrong guy because it can't be over yet.

Law and Order whores, unite!!

I hate criminal intent though. The weirdo guys bores me after a while.

1:52 PM  
Blogger S said...

Vincent D'Onofrio? I love him! I love how over-the-top he is. Cracks me up.

4:26 PM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Thanks for that link. I think I'll just read that instead of watching the actual show. Saves time.

I missed most of America's Next Top Model because I had to watch Smallville. So good. I did get sucked into watched TWO FREAKIN' HOURS of GLORIOUSLY NEW Law & Order too. Major pet peeve though: I had the TV Book from the L.A. Times, which gave away the identity of the killers! My life is tough as it is, I don't need anything to tick me off more.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lypstyk girl - Yeah, that site is awesome. I'm such a big nerdy fan of it that I've actually bought merchandise from it.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bluekiwi - way to go on the running! I went to the gym this morning - it was really realy brutal. I couldn't get through it without stopping to catch my breath several times. Also went to pilates, which was horrible. Two months off can really do a lot of damage!

12:18 PM  
Blogger S said...

Sorry - it says Anonymous posted but that was me obviously...

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home