/*

Monday, October 04, 2004

Weekend Recap

So let's see. This weekend was a good mixture of rowdiness and tameness. Friday night Max and I went over to Josh's and hung out with him and AD. As usual we ended up at the local karaoke bar, although we got there too late to be able to sing a song, which is probably all for the best, given our inebriated state. Had a few more drinks and ended up at the pastry place next door. The night shift baker sells croissants and muffins on the down low (or is it lowdown - I always get them mixed up) and I scored a nice bag of goodies with all the cash I had on me - which was about six dollars. I scarfed down three muffins and a raisin croissant, thereby ending my week of Healthy Living on a rather drunk and buttered low note.

Saturday morning we went over to Amol and Paul's place to watch the Michigan football game. We brought over some hot links left over from our last bbq and AD brought some hotdogs and brats - also left over from our last bbq. Which was about three weeks ago, so thank god no one got sick. So oddly enough, all the food items were sausage shaped. Now here comes the juvenile observation - I was the only girl among a group of 13 guys watching the game so clearly it was appropriately symbolic. Get it??? Sausages at a Sausage Fest??? Heehee. Yes, I am twelve. Max and I only stayed for the game and ran some errands afterward. We ended up catching SHAUN OF THE DEAD, which is awesome and everyone should go see it if they're in the mood for a fun and original movie.

Sunday - no Lions this week so instead we just moped around. I took Pig to get her nails cut at Petco. I'm so mad at the last vet (not the one I took her to for the diarrhea but the one before that). They totally cut her nails too deep so she was terrified this time and kept bucking and crying and tried to run away. She was never like that before. The woman could barely trim her nails and told me I could come back in a week for free, to see if she could trim a little bit more off. I think I'm going to borrow my aunt's dog clippers this weekend and see if Pig will let me trim her nails. My guess is no, but she might trust me more and won't be as scared.

Max and I decided not to buy groceries this week. See, after reading SMART WOMEN, I re-figured how much money I could spend on things. And I went over budget on my grocery money last week, so Max suggested that we just try to eat everything in the fridge and pantry, in an effort to save some money and clear out some old food. So far, I've still been able to eat normal meals but I have a feeling I'll be eating a can of sweet potatoes and a granola bar for dinner by Thursday. But I have to say, this has been a really good exercise. I have all this food that I never eat (like frozen falafels and low-carb pasta) and I'll finally be able to get rid of it, without throwing it away and feeling bad. And then I'll be able to buy food that I will eat. So everyone should do this once. Even if it means eating corn and instant mashed potatoes for dinner. Which is what I had last night - although we had frozen fish too but that was gross so we didn't eat it. We also ate taquitos left over from the last bbq (compliments of Julia - thanks!).

1 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

Dude, here's the thing about shopping. You will ALWAYS buy food that you don't end up eating. It's a fact of life. Why is that???? What made me buy that weird Asian stuff from the Chinese supermarket in the first place????? It's not like I actually know how to cook them.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home