/*

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Hump Day Blatherings

Well, I thought Edwards did a fine enough job. I don't think he was particularly great in the beginning of the debate but he seemed to settle down in the middle during the domestic issues part and I thought he made several good points. Cheney was impressive - he does have this very knowledgeable air about him that I'm sure a lot of the conservatives respond to. Still, I don' t think the vp makes a huge difference, which is why I'm pretty sure last night's debate was a wash in terms of voters. Cheney did a better job than Bush, Edwards didn't blow it, and thus, things are still pretty even.

On a juvenile note (keeping in theme with this week's posts about farts and sausages) I have such a crush on Edwards. I loved it when he kept messing up and laughing cuz he kept saying Kerry's name, even though he wasn't supposed to. Also, when he laughed and said "Did you figure out you were wrong?" to the moderator. SO. CUTE. I'm going to take down my Justin Timberlake poster and put up a big poster of Edwards over my bed.

I bought a carpet cleaner machine last night online. It's a Bissell Power-brush. I wish I didn't have to order it online but unfortunately, that's the only place to get an affordable good machine. You'd think I live in Alaska, but I don't - I live in Los Angeles, which is huge. But apparently no one cleans their carpets in LA. I went to two different Targets and a Sears and could only find the really small ones (that got bad reviews online from customers) or the super expensive ones. Oh and I went to Home Depot and Costco as well, so I really exhausted the possibilities. So I decided to suck it up and pay the $15 in shipping and handling fees. I'm really excited about cleaning my carpet - I know that sounds so lame but sometimes I get really excited about cleaning. I love cleaning my closets, for example, or re-organizing my pantry. I even like cleaning the fridge, although for some reason, I hate doing the dishes.

Blah blah blah. Bored at the office. I had a good morning actually, and stayed focused on work for several hours but now the enthusiasm is beginning to drain away.

I think I'm going to go take a long lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home