/*

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Warning: A Cheezy Post

Just a thought.

I'm not trying to be all Tony Robbins, but I was thinking today, that being happy takes effort. It's hard work. Don't mean to sound like Dubya, but it's true. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think so, because I'm generally a very happy-go-lucky person. But even so, I find that it's way easier to stay in my pajamas and mope than it is to be joyous and positive. Somehow, when you're feeling sad and negative, it's just super easy to let it spiral out of control. I think we all know it deep down but sometimes, on those bad days, like PMS Hump days, we forget that it really is up to us to be happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

I think it's true that people have to work at being happy, that it doesn't always come easy. Also, if people think all they know and understand is sadness, then it becomes their comfort zone. And even if they know they could be happy, it's scary because it's different and out of their comfort zone; there's risk attached.

Or then there's more of a Buddhist thought that the goal isn't too be happy, but to make a difference.

Or you can just take a lot of drugs.

4:19 PM  
Blogger S said...

I should really read up on Buddhism. I'm Chinese and I don't know anything about Buddha, besides the fact that he was a fat guy with tits and a big smile. And that he's always carved in jade or wood.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home