/*

Monday, October 18, 2004

Weekend Recap

This post promises to be as boring as the weekend itself.

Okay, for starter's, Friday night was so dull that I actually don't remember what I did. I called Max just now to see if he could remember, but he couldn't either, so I'm assuming we ate dinner and watched tv together.

Saturday was the official start of my Old Lady Weekend. I got up and walked Pig to the ATM machine to deposit my paycheck. Then I went to library and checked out several Agatha Raisin books (not recordings, but the actual books) and that silly Chocolate Chip Murder Mystery book. So terrible, isn't it? I should read a "worthwhile" book for every two crap books I read. Anyway, then I went to the grocery store to pick up some butter because I decided to bake an apple pie from scratch. And despite the fact that it was not as fun as I thought it would be, and the fact that it looked really really ugly cuz I didn't have a rolling pin, it turned out delicious! (see, when you read silly books you say things like "delicious") I had some pie, coffee, started one of those books, and then took a three hour nap. It was a great day. Later that night, Max and I watched SUPERSIZE ME, which was every bit as interesting as I thought it'd be. Definitely made me wish I didn't eat so many McNuggets last weekend on my drive to and from SF.

Sunday was supposed to be carpet cleaning day, but on account of the rain, I decided not to, since the carpet would take longer to dry. Not that it rains IN my apartment, but it does get humid. Anyway, I met Max at the end of a really sad Lions/Packers game at Boardwalk. I'm so glad I didn't bother to watch the whole game. We went to Costco, and I'm pleased to say that I saw lots of people pushing their kids IN the carts. Maybe people actually read blogs. Then I took Pig to Petco to get her nails cut. She is a Genius Pig, I tell you. She got in the car happily, but when we were at the stoplight at Santa Monica & Doheny (which is a really long light) I think she figured out where I was taking her cuz she started groaning anxiously. Sort of like a "WAIT A SECOND...." realization came over her. Then when we actually got out of the car, she wouldn't go in the pet store. But at least she didn't get freak out too much this time. The woman put her up on a little table and I had to hold her and she did panic twice and did the splits on the table but we were able to get her nails done.

Last night was a tough TV night for me. I had to choose between Desperate Housewives, Law & Order Criminal Intent, and Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion. I think I hurt my thumb switching back and forth. Now I know how Max feels on weekends during football season.

2 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

How much do you love Desperate Housewives? Best new show. I taped Boston Legal after it but haven't seen it yet - have you? I'm just in lust with James Spader.

So I think we have to make up for your weekend with going out this Saturday.

12:28 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh it's awesome. I caught some of Boston Legal and it was pretty good. I wish it weren't on so late - not that 10 is SO late but I like to try to go to bed early on Sundays.

I so want to go to Oktoberfest this weekend. Would you be up for it? www.alpinevillage.net

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home